Advice to IEM users: DON"T STORE THEM IN YOUR SHIRT POCKET!!!
Mar 18, 2008 at 6:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

audiomagnate

1000+ Head-Fier
I lost a pair of EX71s a few years ago by leaving them in my shirt pocket and letting them get washed and dried. Amazingly enough, one channel survived.

Anyway, I haven't been able to locate my UM2/UM56s for about a week now so I decided to check the dirty close hampers this morning. All empty, so I went downstairs to the laundry room. Sure enough, there they were, in an already sorted pile ready to go into the washer. They were in a thick, red flannel LL Bean shirt that my wife hadn't bothered to check the pockets of. Rescued in the nick of time.

I'm not doing that anymore.

Mar 18, 2008 at 8:46 PM Post #3 of 14
You mean, "Advice to forgetful people".
biggrin.gif

Mar 18, 2008 at 10:14 PM Post #4 of 14
I don't know what I'd do if I had to actually put things in my pockets. I love my purse. =P

Mar 18, 2008 at 10:56 PM Post #6 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by synaesthetic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't know what I'd do if I had to actually put things in my pockets. I love my purse. =P

"Man bags" went out in the 80s, IIRC.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hyyam85 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
LOL. Never happen to me though

What? Only marsupials have pockets down there?
biggrin.gif

Mar 18, 2008 at 11:09 PM Post #7 of 14
I've put my ER-4P through the wash and it survived. Since then, though, I've been more careful with my IEMs. I just carry mine (ES2 now) in a little flanel pouch with my mp3 player and store them back in their airtight case when they're not in use. They've have lived for the last 2 years and have traveled quite literally all around the world with me, and are still kicking (one cable socket replacement later).

Mar 19, 2008 at 12:40 PM Post #9 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by tk3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You mean, "Advice to forgetful people".
biggrin.gif

That's the problem with giving advice to forgetful people. Chances are, they'll forget the advice. I know I do!
wink.gif

Mar 19, 2008 at 2:48 PM Post #10 of 14
"...shirt that my wife hadn't bothered to check the pockets of."

Oh nice, blame the woman...If you trip over your laces I bet she gets an earful...

biggrin.gif

Mar 19, 2008 at 3:40 PM Post #12 of 14
I don't think I have ever left something in the pockets and then washed them.

It is a habit to empty my pockets when I get in the door.

Mar 19, 2008 at 3:48 PM Post #13 of 14
That never happened to me. but 100$ bill got washed, wasn't pretty :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back