Advice to buy a Westone UM2
Mar 17, 2005 at 8:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

cwis

New Head-Fier
Hi everyone,

Following your guidance, I am looking into buying a Westone UM2 phone. However, since I live in France, I am wondering which options I have... The official reseller in France sells them on a ludicrously high price (412 EUR, that is, 550 USD).

Has anyone here any experiences in buying an UM2 from the internet? Any store with a good reputation?

Thank you for your input,

--
Christopher Allène

Mar 17, 2005 at 9:10 PM Post #2 of 4
I bought mine from this place.
Don't be fooled by the seemingly high prices, it's canadian $. (349 C $ = 290 US
$ = 217 e.) My UM2s cost me 250 euros, including shipping to Finland. Pretty fast shipping too. The price will be higher if you end up paying customs duties though - which I luckily didn't. (The seller wrote "hearing device" on the package, for customs purposes as I understood. Don't know why that is supposed to help
confused.gif
?) Anyway he seemed like a nice and reliable guy.

Jonas

Mar 17, 2005 at 9:21 PM Post #3 of 4
Dear jonasb,

Do you remember how much you pay for shipping? The info seems not present on the eBay store...

Thank you for your help,

--
Christopher Allène

Mar 17, 2005 at 9:47 PM Post #4 of 4
I paid 42 canadian $, which is about 26 euros. But I remember the seller telling me after shipping my package that it had actually cost him a bit more than he initially calculated. But it can hardly be much more expensive. (You can always ask for a quote by clicking the "ask seller a question" button.)
Hope this helps, and good luck with your purchase,

Jonas

Users who are viewing this thread

Back