Advice/thoughts Needed: New pair of daily use IEMs
Mar 10, 2010 at 1:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

dnullify

1000+ Head-Fier
Hey all!
haven't been around in a while, but i now find i'm in need of some thoughts.

So, I was forced last-minute to send my pair of ADDIEMs to my mom overseas with an uncle yesterday, and am now without daily use IEMs.

As i can't really use my JH5s in certain circumstances that i would my ADDIEMs for safety and convenience reasons, i'm looking for a replacement.

I am considering just buying a refurbished pair of ADDIEMs from 7dime on ebay for $30, but i'm also seeing this as an opportunity to try something new.

my budget is loose, but i'd say around $80. Less is better of course. an iphone mic is preferred, but i suppose not wholly necessary (don't really talk on the phone too much. mainly for controls). I liked the SQ of the ADDIEMs, so i'm not too keen on a downgrade.

I haven't been keeping particularly up to date with the current IEMs on the market but i'm considering
-klipsch image s4/i
-

thanks for reading!
-

Mar 10, 2010 at 2:12 AM Post #4 of 6
S4i, RE0, CX95, D-Jays, Denon C551, C710, Cresyn C750, Yuin PK2 and Sony EX500.........

Mar 10, 2010 at 4:05 AM Post #5 of 6
If you enjoyed the ADDIEM the S4 might not fit you all that well.

Other IEM + mics that come to mind:
Nuforce NE-7M (on the bassy side + good isolation)
Me-electronics P series (differs for each model)

And of course you could just buy them again.

Mar 10, 2010 at 4:25 AM Post #6 of 6
thanks for the input. IMO the ADDIEMs are a tad hard to beat, i just like trying new things.

i'm considering the ety hf5, and the RE0 too, as those were on my to be purchased list before i got jh5s

Users who are viewing this thread

Back