advice request on UM Mage
Nov 6, 2011 at 1:27 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

peter_fj101

New Head-Fier
i'm looking to get a pair of UM Mage for all purpose uses, like exercise/work/travelling and i wanted to see if experienced users can answer some of my concerns:

i want a pair of earphones for hearing the vocals on songs, rather than the melody
I don't want these to be too bassy

i don't have any alternatives to this but i am open to suggestions.  I really like UM because their quality is top notched and they have my ear impressions so i can just order it without sending anything

thanks

Nov 6, 2011 at 3:44 AM Post #2 of 4
What I can say for sure is that the Mage underemphasizes bass, which should be perfect for you. The bass drivers are tuned a few db below the other frequencies.

Nov 6, 2011 at 3:53 AM Post #3 of 4
The UM mage are very good with vocals and they sound more fit in for your liking.

Nov 6, 2011 at 4:08 PM Post #4 of 4
thanks everybody!

it's good to always get concurrence from others.

hope somebody can also help me with colors on UM.  I am looking to get a pair with opaque white faceplate on one side and yellow (not sure if i want opaque or translucent) on the other side.
many people like the faceplate to show the BA in the inside of IEM but i prefer just having a more solid color.

does anybody have a pair of the white or yellow color i mentioned that can kindly post pictures of so i can see how they look?  prefereable a faceplate with just the UM logo instead of customized pictures

Users who are viewing this thread

Back