Advice regarding headphone amp please
Sep 28, 2018 at 3:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

citationist

New Head-Fier
Hey everyone,

So over the years I've collected a fairly modest range of equipment that Im proud to say I own, but the problem is I didn't at the time know why I had to buy them. Alot of the time it was because I wanted nice expensive things. My first proper purchase was the AKG Q701 headphones. I thought they were nice and expensive and therefore good. Over time I learnt words like bright and roll-off and all things that a good headphone may or may not be.
To marry up the Q701 I bought the Burson HA160D, becuase I needed a good driver apparently.
The next few purchases included Audezes, Grados Shures and Mojo... But the whole purpose of starting this nooby thread is to simply ask for advice and opinions ..
I want the Chord Hugo 2 and want to know whether any of my current equipment is worth holding on to or to move on and to make space for new acquisitions...
Thanks for reading all my crap... Ive opened the flood gates for all criticisms, constructive or otherwise

Alex

Sep 28, 2018 at 1:17 PM Post #3 of 3
Hey everyone,

So over the years I've collected a fairly modest range of equipment that Im proud to say I own, but the problem is I didn't at the time know why I had to buy them. Alot of the time it was because I wanted nice expensive things. My first proper purchase was the AKG Q701 headphones. I thought they were nice and expensive and therefore good. Over time I learnt words like bright and roll-off and all things that a good headphone may or may not be.
To marry up the Q701 I bought the Burson HA160D, becuase I needed a good driver apparently.
The next few purchases included Audezes, Grados Shures and Mojo... But the whole purpose of starting this nooby thread is to simply ask for advice and opinions ..
I want the Chord Hugo 2 and want to know whether any of my current equipment is worth holding on to or to move on and to make space for new acquisitions...
Thanks for reading all my crap... Ive opened the flood gates for all criticisms, constructive or otherwise

Alex

If you don't need to sell it in order to fund the purchase of the Hugo, get the Hugo first, then see how much you find yourself using the existing arsenal?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back