advice re: rega apollo vs. saturn
Mar 15, 2007 at 5:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

sberger

100+ Head-Fier
im thinking of upgrading from my current redbook player, an ah! njoe tjoeb 4000. it's got all the upgrades, including the upsampler, and some nice nos tubes. i have no real issues with it, other than the "bug", to, em, move on. so i have my eyes on both the rega apollo and saturn. i have a few thousand cd's, and cd gets played about 40-50% of the time, but mine is mostly a vinyl household. my question is: with my current system what player of the two would you recommend. i love what i read about the saturn, but my fear is that i'm buying too much player given my rather modest, yet very enjoyable, set up. while im sure that consensus is that it would represent a big upgrade over the 4000, would i still get a pretty decent lift with the apollo, or is that more of a sideways move?

all of your opinions are very much appreciated.

Mar 15, 2007 at 5:31 AM Post #2 of 3
The only person I've known to have a Rega--I forget which model--was something of a tourist. He liked changing his components. A lot. My opinion, therefore, is that the difference between the two isn't absolute, but a matter of personal opinion. Go to your dealer, poke around, ask to take one home for the weekend, the one that grabs you. Who knows, maybe something will strike you out of the blue that makes you perfectly happy...for the time being.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 15, 2007 at 7:35 AM Post #3 of 3
Quote:

Originally Posted by sberger /img/forum/go_quote.gif
im thinking of upgrading from my current redbook player, an ah! njoe tjoeb 4000. it's got all the upgrades, including the upsampler, and some nice nos tubes. i have no real issues with it, other than the "bug", to, em, move on. so i have my eyes on both the rega apollo and saturn. i have a few thousand cd's, and cd gets played about 40-50% of the time, but mine is mostly a vinyl household. my question is: with my current system what player of the two would you recommend. i love what i read about the saturn, but my fear is that i'm buying too much player given my rather modest, yet very enjoyable, set up. while im sure that consensus is that it would represent a big upgrade over the 4000, would i still get a pretty decent lift with the apollo, or is that more of a sideways move?

all of your opinions are very much appreciated.

uh..you have a VPI scoutmaster! Saturn is certainly not overkill for you
k1000smile.gif
I think the Saturn complements your rig very nicely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back