Advice please
Jul 16, 2009 at 10:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

TDL-speakers

100+ Head-Fier
I might be thinking about selling my beloved TDL speakers and try out a different pair of speakers. The TDLs sound great with my Quad 405, but sometimes I find the speakers to be a bit to warm and a little bassy sounding, especially when it comes to Trance and Techno music.

I fancy having a speaker that has very nice midrange, speed and a bit of brightness. Also the speakers will have to be very room friendly like my TDLs, as I use my system in a not so sooo big bedroom.

I'm not ready to buy any speakers yet, but all suggestions are welcome.

When I'm ready to buy the speakers, my budget is around £300-800 on 2nd hand speakers.

Cheers

Shane

Jul 16, 2009 at 11:24 PM Post #2 of 4
Has the 405 been serviced since it was built? It will need some attention by now if it hasn't. Could be a contributing factor to the problem. What's your pre-amp and is the 405 the 405 or the 405-2?

Jul 16, 2009 at 11:34 PM Post #3 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duggeh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Has the 405 been serviced since it was built? It will need some attention by now if it hasn't. Could be a contributing factor to the problem. What's your pre-amp and is the 405 the 405 or the 405-2?

My Quad 405 are modified and are in very good shape. My Preamp is a Quad 44, which also had a full upgrade done to it. This is a great combo, very musical and dynamic sounding.

As the Quad amps are warm sounding, I think they are better of with a Bright sounding speaker.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back