Advice on used HD650
Dec 6, 2009 at 9:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Pingis

New Head-Fier
Hi, I'm not sure if this is the correct place for me to post this but there is a seller in my area trying to sell the HD650 for $200 and I was wondering if there was anything I needed to be sure of before buying them? Is there anything specific i need to search for that would tell me that their is something wrong with them? I've never used hi end phones before being that the only pair I own are the AD700s. Any advice would be great. Thanks everyone.

Dec 6, 2009 at 9:46 PM Post #2 of 5
There are two iterations of the HD650. One has black acoustic silk visible through the back screen. The newer version has a white metal screen that replaces the acoustic silk. I have the newer version. The older version is said to have issues with a 'veiled' sound to it, and the modern one is purported to sound much brighter.

Dec 6, 2009 at 10:02 PM Post #3 of 5
Wow thanks for the quick response. I had no idea there were two models. He sent me pics so I'll post them when I get home. Is that a decent price for a used pair?

Dec 6, 2009 at 10:09 PM Post #4 of 5
Thats an excellent price, jump on it as you can flip those for that price in the FS forum easily if you don't like them no matter which version you get.

Dec 7, 2009 at 6:39 AM Post #5 of 5
"the modern one is purported to sound much brighter."

MUCH brighter? I've heard, a LITTLE brighter. Never MUCH brighter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back