Advice on tips needed
Nov 19, 2010 at 8:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

farmer3210

New Head-Fier
Hi,

Just got a pair of Sennheiser cx870 earphones, but none of the tips fit my ears at all so im getting horrific sound quality and no bass. if i hold the headphones in, i can get a complete connection and it sounds far better, but i don't want to have to hold earphones in whenever I'm using them... I'm wondering what kind of tips should i get? i was looking at comply foam tips, but I'm unsure what would be compatible with the sennheiser earphones. or if there are any better/longer life tips, what are they and where can i get them?

Thanks for any help.

Nov 19, 2010 at 1:42 PM Post #2 of 11
Dont know if they fit your IEMs but the Sony Hybrids are well regarded...

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-EPEX10A-BLK-Replacement-Earbuds/dp/B001RB24UA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1290192124&sr=8-1

Nov 19, 2010 at 3:49 PM Post #3 of 11
problem with the sony hybrids is they aren't shipped outside of the USA, so i cant get them in the UK... i think they would both fit and possibly solve the problem permantly without the need to replace. typically cant get them... might have a word with my uncle and get some shipped over...

Nov 19, 2010 at 4:01 PM Post #4 of 11
@farmer3210 
Hybrids seem to be very hot these days 
etysmile.gif
 Please check out my post below for an offering with worldwide free shipping. 
http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/523742/best-tips-for-meelec-m6#post_7068168

@Head-Fi moderators
Not  advertise here, just trying to help other users by recommending good deals by trustworthy sellers.

Nov 19, 2010 at 4:23 PM Post #5 of 11
I was looking for some sony hybrid tips but i found them very expensive

i had the same problem with you

but then one day Problem solved

i bought these fake sony hybrids

very cheap and very good for their work

highly recommended

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/earbud-replacement-SONY-EP-EX10A-WILL-FIT-MANY-TYPES_W0QQitemZ150438421011QQihZ005QQcategoryZ112529QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#shId

Quote:
problem with the sony hybrids is they aren't shipped outside of the USA, so i cant get them in the UK... i think they would both fit and possibly solve the problem permantly without the need to replace. typically cant get them... might have a word with my uncle and get some shipped over...

Nov 19, 2010 at 4:33 PM Post #6 of 11
People usually find sony hybrids to be expensive because it comes with multiple sizes instead of multiples of the same size.

If you don't mind trading, I would recommend trading with other headfiers for the size you want.

Nov 19, 2010 at 4:39 PM Post #7 of 11
The fake ones work as well. I have the real and fakes and outside of the core being a different color they are the same thing.

Nov 26, 2012 at 4:19 PM Post #9 of 11
There is a lot of opinion out there around various ways to improve your sound. But if you want to try the Comply™ Premium Earphone Tip experience, send me a pm and I'll hook you up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back