Advice on Storm Audio DAC (Ken Law)
Jun 7, 2006 at 1:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

aksolanki

New Head-Fier
Hello,
I have bought a DAC from Ken Law of Storm Audio, 9 months ago. I have had several assurances from Ken that he will ship the DAC. But yet nothing. I have paid in full, and Ken no longer replies to my email messages, and I have given up trying to phone him.

Does anyone else have a problem, there seem to be other people who have bought DAC's after me who have already had their DAC shipped.

All I want is my DAC or my money back, does anyone have any ideas as to what I should do now?

All the best,
Anil K Solanki,
UK.

Jun 7, 2006 at 1:29 PM Post #2 of 12
I will notify Ken immediately.

Jun 7, 2006 at 1:38 PM Post #3 of 12
Thank you akwok,

I was hoping someone might try and help. I have spoken to Ken and he says he will ship my DAC.

His reason for not shipping my DAC months ago is because he had an accident and then he lost all his email, so therefore he lost my shipping address.

I have however sent him my shipping address again, and I have phoned and tried to contact him via MSN, but he now just ignores me.

I have no wish to cause Ken any public embarrassment, but if he fails to keep his word than I am forced to try and shame him into doing the right thing.

All the best,

Anil K Solanki.

Jun 7, 2006 at 1:44 PM Post #4 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by aksolanki
I have bought a DAC from Ken Law of Storm Audio, 9 months ago.

Was Storm Digital even around 9 months ago???? When I first hit their site in February I got the impression they were just starting up.

Jun 7, 2006 at 1:55 PM Post #5 of 12
Quote:

Thank you akwok,

I was hoping someone might try and help. I have spoken to Ken and he says he will ship my DAC.

His reason for not shipping my DAC months ago is because he had an accident and then he lost all his email, so therefore he lost my shipping address.

I have however sent him my shipping address again, and I have phoned and tried to contact him via MSN, but he now just ignores me.

I have no wish to cause Ken any public embarrassment, but if he fails to keep his word than I am forced to try and shame him into doing the right thing.

All the best,

Anil K Solanki.

Hi Anil,

Can you let me know (either here for via PM) the exact date you ordered it, and the payment method you paid through (and to what e-mail)?

Thanks,
Adrian

Jun 7, 2006 at 1:58 PM Post #6 of 12
Hope you get this cleared up. Im planning on ordering a DAC from him too in the near future and I hope there wont be any problems like this.

Jun 7, 2006 at 2:13 PM Post #7 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by elnero
Was Storm Digital even around 9 months ago???? When I first hit their site in February I got the impression they were just starting up.

Hi when I bought the DAC, Ken Law was running a site called diyaudio.org which is now defunct. The name Storm is a recent thing, I think the PCB's still have diyaudio.org silk screened on them.

Have a look at the original picture Ken sent me.

All the best,

Anil.

Jun 7, 2006 at 2:17 PM Post #8 of 12
Quote:

Hi when I bought the DAC, Ken Law was running a site called diyaudio.org which is now defunct. The name Storm is a recent thing, I think the PCB's still have diyaudio.org silk screened on them.

Have a look at the original picture Ken sent me.

All the best,

Anil.

Hmm.

I believe there was a mixup or miscommunication - I will try to get it cleared up as soon as possible when I can get a hold of Ken.

AFAIK his e-mail has not been working recently, other than stormdigital@gmail.com.

I'll PM you if I get any new information, and try to expedite the DAC.

Jun 7, 2006 at 2:34 PM Post #9 of 12
Quote:

Hello,
I have bought a DAC from Ken Law of Storm Audio, 9 months ago. I have had several assurances from Ken that he will ship the DAC. But yet nothing. I have paid in full, and Ken no longer replies to my email messages, and I have given up trying to phone him.

Does anyone else have a problem, there seem to be other people who have bought DAC's after me who have already had their DAC shipped.

All I want is my DAC or my money back, does anyone have any ideas as to what I should do now?

All the best,
Anil K Solanki,
UK.

I hope this can be straightened out.I know ken would not want to ruin his name this far in the game.It does not make sense why he will not return e-mails.9 months is a very long time to wait.

Jun 7, 2006 at 2:36 PM Post #10 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by akwok
Hi Anil,

Can you let me know (either here for via PM) the exact date you ordered it, and the payment method you paid through (and to what e-mail)?

Thanks,
Adrian

Begin forwarded message:

Date: April 14, 2005 04:19:58 BDT
To: anil@thisiswhatwedo.com
Subject: Re: Question for item #7506286741 - TDA1543x8 Non oversampling DAC with PSU and reclock

hi
I've received your payment. thankyou very much.
the DAC and the power supply will be send out tomorrow or maybe monday.
Please send your detail address to me.

Thanks!
ken law

anil@thisiswhatwedo.com wrote:

Question about your item

Dear legoman_hk,

Hello, I won the auction for the DAC and I have paid you via PayPal, but I have not heard from you. Can you confirm when you intend to ship the item to me. All the best, Anil.

Hi Adrian above is the message I got from Ken after I paid him. Unfortunately it has been longer than I had thought, over a year since I paid. I spoke to Ken on Monday, and he knew who I was straight away. Which is when he told me why he left me high and dry he then asked me send to him my shipping address and finally he apologised.

Anyway I sent him an email with my shipping address, which also asked him to confirm that he received my email. I saw that he was online with MSN so I asked him if he got my email with my shipping address, which is when his status changed to away. So I tried again today simply to check if he had my shipping address, and same thing, his status changed to away.

My patience is wearing thin, but I have no intention of letting Ken get away with my money.

Thank you,

Anil

Jun 7, 2006 at 2:40 PM Post #11 of 12
Quote:

Begin forwarded message:

Date: April 14, 2005 04:19:58 BDT
To: anil@thisiswhatwedo.com
Subject: Re: Question for item #7506286741 - TDA1543x8 Non oversampling DAC with PSU and reclock

hi
I've received your payment. thankyou very much.
the DAC and the power supply will be send out tomorrow or maybe monday.
Please send your detail address to me.

Thanks!
ken law

anil@thisiswhatwedo.com wrote:

Question about your item

Dear legoman_hk,

Hello, I won the auction for the DAC and I have paid you via PayPal, but I have not heard from you. Can you confirm when you intend to ship the item to me. All the best, Anil.

Hi Adrian above is the message I got from Ken after I paid him. Unfortunately it has been longer than I had thought, over a year since I paid. I spoke to Ken on Monday, and he knew who I was straight away. Which is when he told me why he left me high and dry he then asked me send to him my shipping address and finally he apologised.

Anyway I sent him an email with my shipping address, which also asked him to confirm that he received my email. I saw that he was online with MSN so I asked him if he got my email with my shipping address, which is when his status changed to away. So I tried again today simply to check if he had my shipping address, and same thing, his status changed to away.

My patience is wearing thin, but I have no intention of letting Ken get away with my money.

Thank you,

Anil

He is sick today and is taking a rest - he goes from away to online whenever his internet disconnects and reconnects on it's own, so don't take it personally.

I doubt he will run away with your money.. I will make sure he won't,
tongue.gif

-Adrian

Jun 7, 2006 at 2:56 PM Post #12 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by akwok
He is sick today and is taking a rest - he goes from away to online whenever his internet disconnects and reconnects on it's own, so don't take it personally.

I doubt he will run away with your money.. I will make sure he won't,
tongue.gif

-Adrian

Hi Adrian, I think you will agree I have been a very patient customer, some might say down right determined. But it has been over a year since I sent my money to Ken, I can't actually believe this has been going on that long.

I was green with envy when I saw your pictures of your shiny new DAC. But without wanting to add more fuel to the fire, I am not the only one from whom Ken took money for a DAC but never delivered.

All I would want now is to simply get my DAC and carry on with my life. I believe in good karma, so I also believe if Ken does the wrong thing then he will get what he deserves, conversely if he sends me my DAC I am sure he will re-coup in a happy warm feeling inside and good things happening to him.

I wish Ken well, I would just like to receive my DAC.

Thank you all for listening and trying to help, means a lot to me.

Bye,

Anil.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back