Advice on Power line Noise and Recommendation on Power Conditioners
Sep 30, 2011 at 3:55 AM Post #16 of 18
The more I read about AC line filters it all seems like a game to me that adding more makes the sound in your audio system sound better to no end. It seems like no one knows exactly how much noise and what kind of noise, and how to get rid of the noise completely. It seems you can only lower the noise but not completely capture and trap it then dissipate it through heat or something.

Sep 30, 2011 at 4:17 AM Post #17 of 18
The more I read about AC line filters it all seems like a game to me that adding more makes the sound in your audio system sound better to no end. It seems like no one knows exactly how much noise and what kind of noise, and how to get rid of the noise completely. It seems you can only lower the noise but not completely capture and trap it then dissipate it through heat or something.

I've actually noticed a significant decrease in performance from having two different types of noise reduction that were incompatible on the same circuit. The Audience conditioners and the PS Audio Noise Harvesters do not get along. Awhile back I was using an Audience Ar1p, and when I plugged in only a single Noise Harvester, the sound worsened substantially. It wasn't even close. I sold the Noise Harvester the next day. I wish there was an easy "just get this and you're done" answer, but there isn't.

For my setup, my BP-1 works very well, and for the $330 or so that I paid for it, it's untouchable. A new one would be roughly $1200, and there's a few other conditioners I'd like to check out at that price level, like the UberBUSS. Still, even at $1200 I think the BP-1 is a good buy.

Aug 8, 2017 at 2:52 AM Post #18 of 18
Late to the party:

9992956.jpg

UPDATED this post on 7 January 2018, to withdraw my prior, misleading contention that isolation transformers with Floating-Neutral Secondaries attenuate Normal-Mode noise, instead of Common-Mode noise. After a great deal of research, I'm now convinced that Floating the Neutral of the Secondary neither prevents Common-Mode noise reduction, nor allows Normal-Mode noise reduction. In short: All isolation transformers attenuate Common-Mode noise, whether the Secondary's Neutral is Floating or Grounded. (Keep reading.)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back