Advice on picking a $250ish set of cans
Jan 4, 2014 at 8:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

demid

New Head-Fier
Heya!, i am currently shopping for my first pair of good headphones. I plan on using them on my laptop and phone at home and it would mostly be used for listening to classical music, symphonic metal, electronic music (no dubstep) and gaming. I would like a sturdy and durable over ear type, removable cables is a very welcomed feature and if i decide to get an amp/dac stack in the future i should be able to benefit from it.

I got around $250 set aside for the cans and i am currently eyeballing the shure srh940. I am pretty flexible with my requirements and i wouldn't mind buying used if the deal is good.

Thanks for reading this!

Jan 4, 2014 at 9:20 PM Post #2 of 4
  Heya!, i am currently shopping for my first pair of good headphones. I plan on using them on my laptop and phone at home and it would mostly be used for listening to classical music, symphonic metal, electronic music (no dubstep) and gaming. I would like a sturdy and durable over ear type, removable cables is a very welcomed feature and if i decide to get an amp/dac stack in the future i should be able to benefit from it.

I got around $250 set aside for the cans and i am currently eyeballing the shure srh940. I am pretty flexible with my requirements and i wouldn't mind buying used if the deal is good.

Thanks for reading this!

Check also the Philips Fidelio L2 (definitely if you are in Europe, not sure where else it is available)

Jan 5, 2014 at 12:59 AM Post #4 of 4
The akg k550 were my first good headphone and im pretty happy with them
I use them for classical music, edm and gaming but I dont listen to symphonic metal
Theyre also pretty sturdy given that they are made mostly of metal and have survived my rough handling
I have a fiio e07k and the k550 works pretty well with it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back