Advice on non plug-type earbuds
Feb 25, 2006 at 11:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

andyshedd

100+ Head-Fier
I like the convenience of non-plug type earbuds...they are compact, and don't block out all the surrounding noise, which is nice if you don't want to be caught off guard on a walk. I've tried the Sennheiser MX-500, and while the sound was okay--I found they kept falling out of my ears. I had the chance to try out the Bang and Olfsen earbuds---they literally took me 5 minutes to put on--and even then they didn't seem to fit quite right. I love the fit of my Sony Earbuds--I think I paid 20 Swiss franks for them, but the sound is "ehh.." I really love the sound of the Sony MDR-71SL and 81s and also the Sharp HP-MD33s, but I don't want to block outside noise. Any suggestions?

Feb 26, 2006 at 12:17 AM Post #2 of 4
I just checked out the SonyStyle site and the have an earbud that is two steps up from my current one--and it has a volume control, which will be nice to cancel the hiss on my LifeDrive. You know that thing plays all formats, using The Core Pocket Media Player? I have the AAC codec if anyone wants it.

Feb 26, 2006 at 12:29 AM Post #3 of 4
Never tried them personally, but the Audio-Technica CM7i seem to be the top teir bud. Audiocubes has them for a low $150 USD. Others on this board will probably give you more insight on them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back