Advice on new mp3 player and new earphones
May 31, 2007 at 9:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

StevenBrouwer

100+ Head-Fier
Hi,
What would you take?
I listen mostly to HipHop, Pop, Rock and Dance.
20 gb should be just enough.
I like lots of bass, smooth voices, clarity but not harsness.
etysmile.gif

May 31, 2007 at 10:43 PM Post #3 of 13
I had an Iaudio D2, but I wasn't too happy with it. To me it lacked bass and there was a little to much sibilance even with a HD555. But maybe the X5 will be better in those things. I feel that the g3 sounded a bit different than the d2 but not too much.
I am not buying the x5l, I think, before some information is known about the x7.
But I do like the features of the cowon players. Mostly the battery video and radio.

Not too sure about IEM's. Just hoping something to find something up from the cx300, which are pretty good to me already. But I guess there must be better than those considering their very low price. Mylar x3, d-jays, um1 are good options.

Jun 4, 2007 at 4:44 PM Post #5 of 13
okay, most likely I will get an Futuresonic Atrio M5 / M8 with 80gb Ipod 5.5G. That's cool right?

Jun 4, 2007 at 4:48 PM Post #6 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by StevenBrouwer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
okay, most likely I will get an Futuresonic Atrio M5 / M8 with 80gb Ipod 5.5G. That's cool right?

I have the M5's with my 80gb iPod - couldn't be happier. Great choice.

Jun 4, 2007 at 6:08 PM Post #7 of 13
I have the Atrio M5's with a Trekstor Vibez currently. Bass is awesome. You can tune the eq at the 20hz level. However the Vibez doesn't go to 20gig. They are about to release a 15gig version from what I've read if that helps at all.

-good luck...

Jun 6, 2007 at 9:48 PM Post #8 of 13
Still not too sure about the Ipod. The lack of bass might be a problem, since it's the reason why I left my Cowon D2. I am not too happy with the treble emphasis either, since that implies more sibilance. Also a reason why I hated the D2.

Also the zune is said to have more powerfull sound. But I really don't like it's size and battery.

The Trekstor Vibes just looks too crazy. Sry about that.

Could an portable amp make the ipod sound more powerfull and with more bass and less sibilance?

Damn I guess I'll have to wait for the zune 2.0 or x7.....

Kenwood is no option because of lack of video and too high price...

Damn

Any suggestions/comments?

Jun 7, 2007 at 3:47 AM Post #10 of 13
Zune + Sony V6 = lots of bass. enough for me, at least. and i like some good base. you just need to encode your songs at 320kbps MP3, and I think you'll be very pleased with the result. i sure am.

Jun 7, 2007 at 3:16 PM Post #11 of 13
Well i don't want lots of bass, just nicely balanced. I am pretty sure about the M5's, I am going to get those ones.

But most important question to me right now is whether an (not too expensive = 100$, don't care about hiss too much) amp will give extra punch and bass. Or did the Ipod already killed that....

Jun 8, 2007 at 1:55 AM Post #12 of 13
Sony players have loads of Bass - NW-A808 but its only 8 gig! Zen Vision M and iPod 30gigs dont have that much bass... ZVM has a bit more tho as it has user EQ.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back