Advice on maximising acoustics in my 3.2m by 3.2m room?
Apr 4, 2002 at 7:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

HappymaN

500+ Head-Fier
I've been advised that the nature of my small bedroom doesn't really suit acoustics very well.

Is there anything I can do to improve the sound of my Denon UD-M30 micro HiFi system? Can I work on speaker placement?

Any advice would be helpful, and appreciated.

Cheers,

HappymaN

Apr 4, 2002 at 8:04 AM Post #2 of 3
i haven't heard your particulat mini system but i cruised over to the denon website... nice looking unit. here's some low cost options that're worth investigating:

if the speakers are placed on a desk try to put something heavy beneath them (concrete, marble, or granite slabs) coupled with Poster-tak.

although they're front ported try moving them a few feet from the rear wall and side walls, experiment as much as you can with placement and toe in.

try placing leafy plants in the corners behind and between the speakers.

use a nearfield setup to counter the room interaction as much as possible.

unfortunately since you have a square room you don't have ideal enviornment, however some time, especially with placement and a solid base, should help you get the best sound you can with any component.

hope this helps,
carlo.

Apr 4, 2002 at 8:47 AM Post #3 of 3
Quote:

Originally posted by carlo
if the speakers are placed on a desk try to put something heavy beneath them (concrete, marble, or granite slabs) coupled with Poster-tak.

Very good advice. The cheapest way to do this is with concrete cinder blocks, the kind they use for construction. You can get them very cheaply at a hardware store. Highly recommended.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back