Advice on long interconnection - about 25 ft
Oct 3, 2007 at 9:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

opozoid

New Head-Fier
I currently listen to my headphones in bed, and my source is my PC on the other side of the room. What I'm doing now is running two fairly good quality mini to RCA adapters, and a 16 ft Monster cable RCA interconnect in the middle. Thus I feed my amp with this ~25 foot combination. I was playing around today with some various scenarios and found out that this connection tends to degrade sound somewhat - no night and day difference, but it definitely lacks some bass and lower mids when connected through the very long 'extension', as compared to using a short mini to mini interconnect.

My question is... what is the best way for me to accomplish this long interconnect without degrading sound quality, and without spending hundreds of dollars on cables? Another option I was thinking of was to place the amp near the PC and use a short, quality interconnect to the amp, then using two Grado 15 foot extension cords to get the headphones where I want them. I don't know if this would be better than the RCA option or not.

Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated. My headphones of choice are Grado 325i and my amp is a Corda Move, in case that helps. Thank you!

Oct 3, 2007 at 10:51 PM Post #3 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by vcoheda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
if you have a DAP, why not just use that at night.

And if not, move your computer closer to your bed.

Oct 4, 2007 at 10:30 PM Post #5 of 7
Thanks for the replies everyone. I was just hoping that someone out there may have been in the same situation, and had a graceful solution. Apparently one doesn't exist. Unfortunately, I don't own a DAP and the room dimensions dictate that my large bed and desk remain on opposite walls. I'll figure sumthin' out.
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back