Advice on IEM after Senn HD580 + Grado SR225
Jul 24, 2008 at 5:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

edgar67

New Head-Fier
Hi everyone,

I really enjoy listening to all kinds of music (Van Morrison, U2, Johnny Cash, Radiohead, Bach, Coldplay, Journey, Waterdeep...) and I like to listen with my ipod 80gb 5.5 and through my Senn HD580s or SR225s. Totally different sounds (and comfort), I know, but I really like the sound coming from both of these cans. I also have some cheap Senn buds but I am too spoiled to use them now.

Can I get some advice for IEMs? I'd like to keep it at about $100, but I am willing to spend more to get the right sound.

Comfort is very important but so is the sound.
Thanks!

Jul 24, 2008 at 5:22 PM Post #2 of 3
OK, if I had to choose between the hd580 and the sr225, I'd keep the Grados because they are so fun to listen with.

Also, my music tastes lean more towards Rock than anything else. I love the sound of old hard rock bands like Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd and Jimi Hendrix (replaced now mostly by Phil Keaggy, Randy Stonehill and Larry Norman.)

Feb 10, 2009 at 6:58 PM Post #3 of 3
Good luck keeping the price around $100. The price to performance ratio on IEMs over full sized cans is quite a bit larger. My current IEMs (Futuresonics Atrio m5) cost about as much as my Grado SR-225s and sound only half as good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back