Advice on headphone please!
Aug 4, 2012 at 8:28 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

sam-c

New Head-Fier
Hi guys 

I'm after some suggestions as to what to go for as I am a bit of a newbie when it comes to headphones but do have quite a lot of experiece in car audio systems and home hi-fis. My main concern is that I may be overlooking brands and models simply because I haven't heard of them before. This is a bit of a learning curve for me.

I currently have a set of Monster Turbine IEMs, however I find that after 45 minutes or so they begin to become uncomfortable and also they tend to fall out when walking. That said I do like the sound they produce and the level of noise isolation. 

I tend to listen to my music in busy environments so noise isolation is key. I also fly a lot so noise cancelling is an option but after reading around the subject it seems to be that a good set of closed back headphones is more likely to do the trick.

The source will be an iPhone 4 and, for now at least, will be un-amped. However, I may consider getting a sub £100 portable amp in the future. My budget for the headphones is £150 but could stretch to £200.

I listen mainly to indie and dubstep but also some house music as well so good bass reproduction is crucial but I still like to retain a detailed top-end and good mids.

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks

Sam

Aug 4, 2012 at 1:20 PM Post #2 of 2
Oups just seen there is an ongoing advice thread this should have gone in,  I apologise. I will move my question over there then if a moderator could delete this thread please.

Sam

Users who are viewing this thread

Back