Advice on good overall headphone amp
Nov 12, 2009 at 12:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

iamnoone

New Head-Fier
Hello all. I've come seeking sage advice on how to deal with this portable hifi bug that has befallen me yet again.

Some years ago, I sought advice on a pair of IEM's. I came, I asked, I decided... on a pair of Shure E4c's. Some members gave me some great advice then. Once you choose, don't come back to the forums as you will second guess yourself ad infinitem. Best advice ever!

However, my trusty shures started falling apart, and they are out of warranty so I decided to replace them. Since my primary source was an iPhone, the choices were much easier. i went with the klipsch s4i since they had the fully functioning remote with mic. And the sound FANTASTIC.

But I've been bitten by the bug and found a fantastic deal on klipsch custom 3's. Now I'm going the take the next logical step, an amp. Doing research, I'm all over the place. I'm thinking Fiio E1, or E5, possibly wait for E7. Maybe ibasso T3 or T4. I just don't know what I'm looking for really. Portability, Clarity, and ooomph i suppose. I'd like an amp that can drive my entire inventory of cans. Primary sources are iphone, ipod video 3rd gen? (the first gen that had video), nano 2g, macbook pro 1st gen.

Grado SR60
Sennheiser HD555
Klipsch S4i
Klipsch Custom 3
Ratty pair of Shure E4C that still work!

Judging from my list, you can infer a paltry budget, no more that 150. 200 if it's reeeeeally gonna be worth it.

Thanks for any input!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back