Advice on eartips for Nuforce NE-7M
May 9, 2009 at 6:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

DrunkenCowboy

New Head-Fier
I just bought this headset the other day and love the sound but the stock buds are just too uncomfortable for me and seem to fall off or irritate me.

Which replacement buds/eartips would you guys recommend?

May 9, 2009 at 7:36 PM Post #2 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by DrunkenCowboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just bought this headset the other day and love the sound but the stock buds are just too uncomfortable for me and seem to fall off or irritate me.

Which replacement buds/eartips would you guys recommend?

The Comply T-400's will fit the NE-7M. They are a soft memory foam and very comfortable, IMO. I've used them on JVC Marshmallows and I think they improved the fit and made the bass tighter.

The downside of Complys is that they only last a few months if you use them a lot (they can be refurbished by soaking in peroxide, but it doesn't work forever), but they come 3 pairs to a package, so you should be able to get a year or so out of a 3 pack.

May 9, 2009 at 9:48 PM Post #3 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by barleyguy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Comply T-400's will fit the NE-7M. They are a soft memory foam and very comfortable, IMO. I've used them on JVC Marshmallows and I think they improved the fit and made the bass tighter.

The downside of Complys is that they only last a few months if you use them a lot (they can be refurbished by soaking in peroxide, but it doesn't work forever), but they come 3 pairs to a package, so you should be able to get a year or so out of a 3 pack.

Thanks for the reply
atsmile.gif

May 10, 2009 at 12:02 AM Post #4 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by DrunkenCowboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for the reply
atsmile.gif

You're welcome.

May 10, 2009 at 12:51 AM Post #5 of 10
I am pretty sure you could fit the Sony Hybrid tips on the NE-7M as well. They can be found at Bestbuy in the States and Sony Style stores in Canada, or you can order them online from Amazon.

The other tip that seems to be very popular is the Shure E2C

May 10, 2009 at 5:48 AM Post #6 of 10
The standard single flange works the best for me, but bi-flange tips work well for me also. T-400s also work, but haven't used them as the other tips are just as good to my ears and easier to use with a longer life.

May 10, 2009 at 1:44 PM Post #7 of 10
I have the NE-7M and I find this thread it very informative. How to you know which tips are compatible? There seems to be very few compatibility information on the Nuforce website. Do you need to have two models and to measure them yourself or is there a compatibility list somewhere out there?

May 11, 2009 at 4:36 PM Post #8 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by YGingras /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have the NE-7M and I find this thread it very informative. How to you know which tips are compatible? There seems to be very few compatibility information on the Nuforce website. Do you need to have two models and to measure them yourself or is there a compatibility list somewhere out there?

Comply has a compatibility selector on their website.

Shure mainly markets towards their own IEM's. You can use the comply selector to find what comply goes with a particular IEM, and then which one goes with a particular Shure, and match it up that way.

Modding with tape for a slightly larger tip works pretty well with foam. With silicone tips the mating is right at the end, so the mod is more difficult.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back