Advice on choosing new headphones!
Dec 12, 2012 at 10:14 PM Post #16 of 19
Quote:
There's enough of a difference between the two though. I'm currently looking for a new pair of more portable headphones in the same price range as this fellow, same standards too. If it weren't for the 10ft cable I'd have chosen them.

I understand. For a really bassy headphone, check out the Audio Technica PRO700MK2. For a more balanced, check out Ultrasone HFI 680. 

Dec 12, 2012 at 10:21 PM Post #17 of 19
As I just mentioned, I am looking in the same field. Here's a few that I've been looking at (mind you I've been looking mostly at design right now, but they have some decent sound.)

Monster'Diesel- Vektr
These headphones were a collaboration between Monster (the makers of Beats by Dre) and the Italian fashion brand Diesel. Unlike the Beats however, these are not over powering the bass. They are supposedly more spread out across the field while not excelling in any one range. I personally love the design, but it's pure opinion. They aren't quite audiophile quality, but if your looking for a good pair of fashionable headphones with decent neutral audio, I'd theoretically recommend  them.

Souls by Ludacris 
These are obviously Ludacris's competition for the Beats, however they supposedly have better sound. Unfortunately they can be a little to overpowering of the bass, and if you're watching a movie of tv show, the voices can be a little hollow. As for music, the quality ranges, but you can expect to hear some muddy guitars and flattened female vocals.

Streets by 50cent
Again, these are 50 cent's competition to the Beats. In my experience they are the unanimous winners in appearance of this list. They are in the same category of headphones as the Beats and Souls, so I'd expect them to sound similar.

As I mentioned earlier, V-Moda headphones are supposedly very good quality and they are customizable and great looking.

Dec 12, 2012 at 10:32 PM Post #18 of 19
Quote:
As I just mentioned, I am looking in the same field. Here's a few that I've been looking at (mind you I've been looking mostly at design right now, but they have some decent sound.)

Monster'Diesel- Vektr
These headphones were a collaboration between Monster (the makers of Beats by Dre) and the Italian fashion brand Diesel. Unlike the Beats however, these are not over powering the bass. They are supposedly more spread out across the field while not excelling in any one range. I personally love the design, but it's pure opinion. They aren't quite audiophile quality, but if your looking for a good pair of fashionable headphones with decent neutral audio, I'd theoretically recommend  them.

Souls by Ludacris 
These are obviously Ludacris's competition for the Beats, however they supposedly have better sound. Unfortunately they can be a little to overpowering of the bass, and if you're watching a movie of tv show, the voices can be a little hollow. As for music, the quality ranges, but you can expect to hear some muddy guitars and flattened female vocals.

Streets by 50cent
Again, these are 50 cent's competition to the Beats. In my experience they are the unanimous winners in appearance of this list. They are in the same category of headphones as the Beats and Souls, so I'd expect them to sound similar.

As I mentioned earlier, V-Moda headphones are supposedly very good quality and they are customizable and great looking.

I have never listened to the Streets, but the other two you mentioned have just below average audio quality, especially the Souls... God they sounded pretty bad. The Vektr's don't sound bad, but not great. Vmoda is definitely better, but I find them to have a very dark sound. They do look cool though, but you can do much better for the price. Just look into the Ultrasone HFI line... They have amazing sound quality and do look awesome too IMO. They trash any of the headphones you mentioned.

Dec 12, 2012 at 11:19 PM Post #19 of 19
Quote:
I have never listened to the Streets, but the other two you mentioned have just below average audio quality, especially the Souls... God they sounded pretty bad. The Vektr's don't sound bad, but not great. Vmoda is definitely better, but I find them to have a very dark sound. They do look cool though, but you can do much better for the price. Just look into the Ultrasone HFI line... They have amazing sound quality and do look awesome too IMO. They trash any of the headphones you mentioned.

I'll have to check them out. I've been mostly looking at appearance because I figured I couldn't get anything nearly as great as my HD600's in this price range. So the field in which I've been looking is basically all commercial.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back