Advice on a player to replace Zen Vision M - size matters this time
Feb 27, 2013 at 9:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

banditopazzo

New Head-Fier
Hi guys, it's some time that I attend this amazing site and now I need some advice I think this is the best place to ask.

My situation is this: now I have a Zen Vision M that I almost always use with one of my amps (ibasso d2+boa, o2 and various cmoys). I'm looking for a new player to replace the ZVM and I want something smaller because the ZVM and an amp are a bit large and heavy.

So I am inclined to buy a sansa clip+ or a clip zip with a solid micro sd because I also like very much rockbox and also it's possible to play flac (now I use wav and it's a waste of space). Which could be the difference in terms of sound quality whereas I would use the player most of the time with an amp? and without the amp? I have no idea because I never heard a clip+ or clip zip...

If anyone have an idea of another player is welcome. Thanks to all

Feb 27, 2013 at 9:55 AM Post #2 of 5
If you are using AMPs then you need MP3 player with true line out so it will take real benifits of AMPs and improve the sound quality like Sony S series walkmen offers line out signal through WM_Port and small enough to carry around with AMPs( HP jack sound quality is really good but no Micro SD card Expention). Other DAPs like previous Gen IPod Nanos are pretty good to use and Sans a Clip+ offers great sound quality with Micro SD card expention but no line out, Fuze have line out throgh charging dock connector.

Feb 27, 2013 at 9:12 PM Post #3 of 5
Quote:
If you are using AMPs then you need MP3 player with true line out so it will take real benifits of AMPs and improve the sound quality like Sony S series walkmen offers line out signal through WM_Port and small enough to carry around with AMPs( HP jack sound quality is really good but no Micro SD card Expention). Other DAPs like previous Gen IPod Nanos are pretty good to use and Sans a Clip+ offers great sound quality with Micro SD card expention but no line out, Fuze have line out throgh charging dock connector.

thanks for the answer...i don't like ipods and also itunes, so ipod isn't an option, maybe the s series could be interesting, but I'm not very convinced. also the fuze is interesting but is a bit complicated for me to find one in my country (italy), neither used or refurbished

is the difference noticiable amping trought line out of a player vs headphone jack of for example the clip? 

I always nominate the clip, because it is easy to find, smaller than fuze, and cheap...what's is your advice? have any other players in mind?

thanks for helping

Feb 28, 2013 at 1:33 AM Post #4 of 5
There is always a difference,  i for one can hear when i tried to amp my ipod touch through the headphone out directly,  and i feel its better if i plug the amp to the line out,  however some people prefer the sound they get from double amping,  mileage may vary

Mar 1, 2013 at 6:44 PM Post #5 of 5
I picked the clip zip and a 32gb micro SD to pair by default with vsonic gr07 I discussed in another thread.

Probably I don't amp them and, if I want, it's always possible to do it via headphone jack...my first target was to make my rig more portable and in a few days I will know if I made right choices...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back