Advice on 325i + little dot mk2
Dec 29, 2009 at 10:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Zoop

Head-Fier
Hi all,

My dad's birthday is coming up, so i thought it would be nice to get him some decent gifts. after some background reading, I think i'm looking into the 325i and ld2 combo. My dad listens to quite a variety of music, but his interest lies in country rock. do you feel this combo will be suitable for his music taste?

to help everyone understand more about my dad's preference, i sort of summarise what i read on the forum and ask him a question:
if you are in a hall with eagles playing on stage. where would you want to be?
some where in the middle rows, the front row or on stage with eagles next to you. and he chose to be on stage because he doesnt want to be too laid back.

hope this is enough info!

many thanks in advance!

Dan
biggrin.gif

Dec 29, 2009 at 11:53 PM Post #2 of 3
I have never heard the mkII but I have the 325is' and have been running it with LD mkIII - I really like the combo, it sounds fantastic and very much enjoy tube rolling. Another option to consider (and cheaper BTW) is the Little Dot I+ - it's a hybrid amp - you can still roll tubes and get enjoyment out of the tube sound but it is supposed to be ideal for low impedance phones like the Grados.

I like my advice so much I ordered one myself for the Holidays (for my 325is' and new Denons) - and got the nice email today saying it is on its way from China as I write this!

Dec 30, 2009 at 5:09 AM Post #3 of 3
i dont have the 325is but i do have the mkII and every week, i feel like it sounds better and better. i dont know how my hd650s would sound with country rock... what other genre would you say country rock is like? to me, in most music, the hd650s put you in the first row.
in any case, i think for the price the mkII is great.
if i bought my father anything above maybe hd555s or any other 100$ headphone + no amp, i doubt he'd be able to tell the difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back