Advice on <$100.00 IEM
Feb 24, 2007 at 2:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

ramw5p

New Head-Fier
Long tim lurker, 1st time poster. SO i need some IEM's. Never had a pair, currently have an old pair of AKG k-141 and a pair of sennheiser small headphones. So i can spend around 100 on some IEM's. I have been here long enough to surmise that the sennheiser 300 IEM's and the Vibes seem to be a consensus pick. Now i know that there are some IEM's out there with funny names that i have skipped over, i just have not done any research into anything but the above 2. Any sigestions for <100 IEM would be apreciated. Used almost exclusivly for treadmill or outside running, and mostly loud pop/rock/hip hop. Thanks in advance, and yes i did search
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 24, 2007 at 2:26 PM Post #2 of 4
the ep-630 is very good; some prefer it over the cx 300 of sennheiser; it has good bass for your type of music
smily_headphones1.gif
i wanted to recommend etymotic er-6i but because of the genre you listen to, it might not be suitable. good luck, welcome to head-fi!
smily_headphones1.gif
after buying your iem, better run from this forum hehe!

Feb 24, 2007 at 5:38 PM Post #3 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by ramw5p /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Long tim lurker, 1st time poster. SO i need some IEM's. Never had a pair, currently have an old pair of AKG k-141 and a pair of sennheiser small headphones. So i can spend around 100 on some IEM's. I have been here long enough to surmise that the sennheiser 300 IEM's and the Vibes seem to be a consensus pick. Now i know that there are some IEM's out there with funny names that i have skipped over, i just have not done any research into anything but the above 2. Any sigestions for <100 IEM would be apreciated. Used almost exclusivly for treadmill or outside running, and mostly loud pop/rock/hip hop. Thanks in advance, and yes i did search
smily_headphones1.gif

First you should know that senns cs300s, vibes, and ep630s arent real iems if that matters to you, they are canalphones. However, with senns and ep630s you do get good isolation, vibes you don't. cx300s and ep630s are almost exactly the same, and I read that they are made in the same factory. Some say 300s have a little more detail, 630s have a little more bass, however. Personally I chose to save the money and 630s are on their way. My friend has vibes and 300s and says they sound just as good, but he likes 300 for their isolation. However, one warning is that the 300s and 630s have a lot of microphonics so you will hear a lot of noise on the treadmill. Vibes have some, but if this is important, you might want to look into others without as much. Hope this helped.

Feb 24, 2007 at 7:27 PM Post #4 of 4
It's been awhile since I had these, so I apologize if they're no longer available. The Etymotic E6 (not the i) were very easy to get into my ears to make a good seal. That done, the bass was deep but even. I did get rid of them because I spent too much money replacing the filters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back