Advice of Upgrade From ZMF Vc
Feb 23, 2024 at 11:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Bowbow

New Head-Fier
Hi, I really enjoy viewing discussions from distinctive perspective in this forum. Now it's time for me to look for some advice. I want to sell my ZMF Verite Closed, and have a upgrade. Now, I think Vc is 100 out of 100, but I would like to tried more hi-end headphones.

Now, what I have in mind to upgrade is Final D8000 pro, Kennerton Rognir, Meze elite. I normally listen EDM and electronic Pop, any advice on how to make a decision on these three headphones? My expectation for this upgrade is that he soundstage can't be smaller than the vc, because I like edm, so the bass can't be weaker than the vc in terms of texture and dive, and I want to hear a more refined and gorgeous mid-high frequency, while maintaining the same strong low frequency.

If my expectation is impossible among these three planner headphones, I think I will just keep it forever or simply buy another wood version of Vc.

My amp is gs-x mini, and my future plan (Now is Questyle cma 12 master) for dac is most likely to be Chord Dave or Bricasti M1se.

Welcome to share some opinions and advice with me.

Feb 24, 2024 at 1:18 AM Post #2 of 2
I think the Dan Clark Stealth is the one your looking for. It's the only one I've heard I like more than the Hifiman Arya Stealth with no eq needed on either. The Topping A70 Pro and D70 Pro Octo I just put together will knock them out of the park on the balanced side.
Check the measurements Asmir did on Audiosciencereview. Those are his daily driver, still on long term loan by them. I'm in the business of audio gear, and if I could afford to keep any one pair I get in, it would be the Stealth hands down. They need a lot of current, so a 5 volt DAC will help stay in medium gain. Since they don't need eq, you could even get by with a Topping l50/e50 though. No huge preamp reduction is needed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back