Advice needed re Beyerdynamic DT250
Nov 30, 2008 at 8:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

ufo

New Head-Fier
Hello , a bit of help needed here, I am at present using a pair of senn hd 600's which seem to be ideal for my listening setup most of the time, (cambridge dacmagic- graham slee novo headphone amp ) but for occasions when there is background noise in my house I thought about purchasing a pair of these Beyerdynamic DT250 , I have done a bit of research elseware on the forum and think they will do the job but does anyone know how the earpad size compares with the senn 600's , as my ears fit just comfortably in the senns I did not want to buy the Beyerdynamic DT250 and be dissapointed.

thanks........ ufo.

Nov 30, 2008 at 12:49 PM Post #2 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by ufo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hello , a bit of help needed here, I am at present using a pair of senn hd 600's which seem to be ideal for my listening setup most of the time, (cambridge dacmagic- graham slee novo headphone amp ) but for occasions when there is background noise in my house I thought about purchasing a pair of these Beyerdynamic DT250 , I have done a bit of research elseware on the forum and think they will do the job but does anyone know how the earpad size compares with the senn 600's , as my ears fit just comfortably in the senns I did not want to buy the Beyerdynamic DT250 and be dissapointed.

thanks........ ufo.

Looks like the DT250 would be as or more comfortable than the HD600 with plenty of room for ears.

Nov 30, 2008 at 3:58 PM Post #5 of 10
Don't have them in front of me (they are my work headphones) but they are definitely smaller - they just fit around my ears from front to back (they are taller than my ears, though).

It is the sort of thing where you probably have to try them before you'll know.

Nov 30, 2008 at 4:30 PM Post #6 of 10
of course as a noob on this forum I am always open to any suggestions on other closed headphones, the only criteria is that they are big enough to fit over the average sized ears, they keep out a fair bit of outside noise and have good sound quality similar to my hd 600's if poss, they will only be used with my headphone amp, and I dont mind going up to around £200 or whatever that is in dollars at the moment.

thanks ufo

Nov 30, 2008 at 4:40 PM Post #7 of 10
i use the dt770 as my closed cans, they are more comfy than my hd 650, and my ears fit in boh cups, just!

Nice to know i'm not the only one with big ears!

Nov 30, 2008 at 6:43 PM Post #9 of 10
You could also consider the DT150.
Great, balanced sound, and huge earcups.
To my ears, soundwise they are a closed version of the HD580.

Dec 6, 2008 at 12:17 PM Post #10 of 10
The DT250 cups are definitely smaller. My ears, while I have no idea where they fit on any kind of "size chart," barely fit in them. If I didn't have the headphones adjusted just right, the DT250 would actually cause some pain after wearing them for more than about 45 minutes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back