Advice needed: problem with Xin ref input jack
Apr 22, 2008 at 6:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

jemsound

New Head-Fier
Has anyone else experienced a problem with the input jack on the Xin reference amp? I've had my reference amp since January, and I use it with a 5g iMod and an ALO cryo iMod dock. After about a month of use I started to notice that the iMod mini plug fits very loosely in the amp's input jack and easily slips out if I'm carrying my setup in a pouch and moving around. At first I wasn't sure if the problem was with the plug or the jack, but then I noticed that any movement of the plug causes static and sound distortion. The jack seems to have some side to side play if slight sideways pressure is placed on the plug, so I think the problem is with the jack. I've emailed Xin about this, but so far he hasn't responded. This is detracting from an otherwise excellent sound experience. Advice anyone?

Apr 22, 2008 at 6:52 PM Post #3 of 7
I'd feel uncomfortable sending back to Xin without confirmation from him that he intends to fix it. What have others done when there is a problem with a Xin amp, given his reluctance to return emails?

Apr 22, 2008 at 7:45 PM Post #4 of 7
not to be a smarta..s, but given his unreliability in the past year or so, one question: is this the only amp you use/? If it is, can you permanently fix the Imod plug into the amp so it is no longer loose?? Or else buy another LOD, solder that puppy into the input of the Reference and make it the dedicated plug for that amp?? Only answer I can see short of returning it to the Xin ether

Apr 22, 2008 at 8:33 PM Post #5 of 7
Ow, just when I said that Xin's QC was good in the other thread.
frown.gif

Apr 22, 2008 at 8:50 PM Post #6 of 7
I would blame the plug on Xin unless he purchased a cheap part to cut costs. I suggest just replacing it with a new one of the same type. Find a local DIY'er to do it if you not comfortable with the task.

Apr 22, 2008 at 10:50 PM Post #7 of 7
Thanks for your response. I'm a newcomer, and I don't quite understand your comment. Do you mean, you would blame the jack on the Xin amp for the problem? I don't have the skills to replace that myself. How would I find someone near me (San Francisco area) who could do it for me?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back