Advice needed please
Dec 18, 2012 at 1:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

chrisb1

New Head-Fier
Hi new to the site but got to say it is very informative and also a bit bewildering. Looking to upgrade to a good portable audio player, I don't want or require video play back but I do want excellent sound quality I'm currently using an iPod nano or my Xperia s phone and after hearing a set of 1964 v3 iems I have ordered these.
All input is appreciated, a last note I'm not particularly after a player with a powerfull built in amp as I would rather run a seperate one so I can drive my Senheiser cans

Dec 18, 2012 at 10:13 PM Post #2 of 4
People here would be glad to help but there's some key info missing.
Budget?
Does it need to be able to pay FLAC?
Does it need to be expandable (ie microsd)
How big is your music library? How much storage do you need?
Does it need to fit in your pocket?
How much battery life do you want/need?

Personal recommendations (without knowing any of the above):
Cowon J3 (if you can find one check ebay or sales forums here)
Android Walkman (F or Z series)
Refurbished iPod 5g with upgraded harddrive and rockboxed (check ebay)
iBasso DX100

Dec 19, 2012 at 12:18 AM Post #3 of 4
Thanks for the reply, budget is about £300 it needs to be portable and have expandable memory and the more formats it can support the better, size is very important I don't want something like the colorfly c4 although hailed as being great personally I don't like the looks

Dec 19, 2012 at 12:41 AM Post #4 of 4
Quote:
Hi new to the site but got to say it is very informative and also a bit bewildering. Looking to upgrade to a good portable audio player, I don't want or require video play back but I do want excellent sound quality I'm currently using an iPod nano or my Xperia s phone and after hearing a set of 1964 v3 iems I have ordered these.
All input is appreciated, a last note I'm not particularly after a player with a powerfull built in amp as I would rather run a seperate one so I can drive my Senheiser cans

Might also want to post this question on the website anythingbutipod.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back