Advice needed on portable mp3 player
Nov 7, 2017 at 4:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Lebowsky

Head-Fier
Hi! New member here, read various reviews on portable gear but having difficulties finding something simple.

I am looking for new portable source gear. Requirements are: something small and lightweight that you can hold in your palm or so (think Sansa Clip+ or Philips GoGear Mix), with FM receiver and a sleep function, around 8GB capacity, and decent battery life.

Doesn't need to be rockboxable as long as the stock firmware is decent and you can copy/paste mp3 files on it.

It is for a gift which is why I need something new. The person currently has a GoGear Mix, but the stock firmware is a bit catastrophic, constantly says it's full when it is not, etc...

Thank you!

Nov 7, 2017 at 5:07 AM Post #3 of 10
Hi! New member here, read various reviews on portable gear but having difficulties finding something simple.

I am looking for new portable source gear. Requirements are: something small and lightweight that you can hold in your palm or so (think Sansa Clip+ or Philips GoGear Mix), with FM receiver and a sleep function, around 8GB capacity, and decent battery life.

Doesn't need to be rockboxable as long as the stock firmware is decent and you can copy/paste mp3 files on it.

It is for a gift which is why I need something new. The person currently has a GoGear Mix, but the stock firmware is a bit catastrophic, constantly says it's full when it is not, etc...

Thank you!
The first name that springs to mind would be Fiio. They sell different players at various price points.

Nov 7, 2017 at 5:08 AM Post #4 of 10
Whats your budget?

Nov 7, 2017 at 12:33 PM Post #5 of 10
Budget would be up to around 200$ I suppose. The problem with the Fiio ones is that the ones I looked at didn't have an FM receiver, which is a requirement... a dab receiver would be ok as well I suppose, but I am not even that they exist?

Regarding the file format, as long as it also plays mp3, the more supported formats the better of course :)

Nov 7, 2017 at 1:59 PM Post #6 of 10
Does it have to be dab, or would internet radio do?. If the latter, the hidizs ap200 is able to connect to wifi and install android apps?

Nov 7, 2017 at 2:00 PM Post #7 of 10
I think youll struggle with fm as its being phased out...

Nov 7, 2017 at 2:45 PM Post #9 of 10

Users who are viewing this thread

Back