Advice needed fast! Over ear for around $150!
Sep 7, 2013 at 10:09 AM Post #16 of 19
Ok, so im not that sure about the Senns alter looking further in to them, and the DT770s reviews seem to say to get the best out of them you need an amp (something i wont be doing), so im back to the trusty ATH M50s and the KNS 8400s. To be honest im leaning towards the KRKs, but are there any cons you see of one that would sway my decision?
They are both supposedly good for comfort, but the krks being that bit better, theyre also a little cheaper and have a wider soundstage. they also seem to be a more balanced headphone compared to the ATHs, but possibly lack a little bass? I think im gonna go for them but if you have any key points to make thatd be really helpful! Thanks

Sep 7, 2013 at 12:00 PM Post #17 of 19
Let me correct my self, the cans I should have said that lost most, if not all of it's buyers to the M50 was the denon hp700's as those would be able to directly compare, in terms of overall sound, but you are right about the pro500's as they are tuned to be a bit bassier

Just because you prefer the sound of the HP700 to the M50, doesn't make the M50s overrated. I haven't heard the HP700s, but I was curious and did a quick search on Head-Fi. Seems like others disagree with you that the M50s are not worth the money compared to the HP700: http://www.head-fi.org/t/613635/denon-dn-hp700-vs-audio-technica-ath-m50-vs-ultrasone-hfi-580

But you should know that because you posted to that thread. So I don't see anything wrong with saying someone prefers one headphone over another. But in trying to help the OP, it's more useful to look beyond one's own individual tastes and recognize when a headphone may have a broader appeal than how it suits our own. I don't personally prefer the KRK 8400s to the M50s, but I know that enough other people find them just as good a headphone, so I'll recommend it rather than bad mouthing it because it might help the OP. I have no agenda here to promote headphones I own.

Meanwhile, this is all a moot point since neither Best Buy nor Guitar Center carry those Denons in the store. Probably because they are discontinued headphones. They are no longer listed on Denon's US website.

Sep 7, 2013 at 1:36 PM Post #18 of 19
Just because you prefer the sound of the HP700 to the M50, doesn't make the M50s overrated. I haven't heard the HP700s, but I was curious and did a quick search on Head-Fi. Seems like others disagree with you that the M50s are not worth the money compared to the HP700: http://www.head-fi.org/t/613635/denon-dn-hp700-vs-audio-technica-ath-m50-vs-ultrasone-hfi-580

But you should know that because you posted to that thread. So I don't see anything wrong with saying someone prefers one headphone over another. But in trying to help the OP, it's more useful to look beyond one's own individual tastes and recognize when a headphone may have a broader appeal than how it suits our own. I don't personally prefer the KRK 8400s to the M50s, but I know that enough other people find them just as good a headphone, so I'll recommend it rather than bad mouthing it because it might help the OP. I have no agenda here to promote headphones I own.

Meanwhile, this is all a moot point since neither Best Buy nor Guitar Center carry those Denons in the store. Probably because they are discontinued headphones. They are no longer listed on Denon's US website.

you are right, I'm sorry for being so childish about this, I should have realised how one-sided I was being

Users who are viewing this thread

Back