Advice neede on solving brightness...
Oct 25, 2003 at 2:42 AM Post #16 of 19
Quote:

Originally posted by joelongwood
I found the Sugden/CD3000 combo overly bright, and at my age (55) that's no small feat! To cure it, I tried some Cardas Cross cables.............brightness gone. I never really believed in cables having such a significant effect on the sound before I switched to the Cardas. Now I'm a believer.
biggrin.gif

There you go. Old dogs can learn new tricks!
wink.gif
tongue.gif

If vrom were to substitute his present cables with even the cheap ones that comes with cd players, he/she could see/hear if changing cables is the way to go. Though I'm more inclined to look at the amp.

Oct 25, 2003 at 3:05 AM Post #17 of 19
Yes.. I heard this more often, that the Cardas interlinks have first and foremost great quality and can cure problems with brightness. I guess hearing it from more people makes it definitely believable. So you're right "puppyshlug" that the oldies here can teach me a few good tricks!

I'll have to invest in a new amplifier anyhow... cause the Creek OBH-11 is not up to the challenge of the fantastic Meridian 508.24 But let's seriously consider here the Cardas cable.

So for now thanks guys!!!!

Oct 25, 2003 at 12:25 PM Post #18 of 19
Go for the cables first, then save your pennies for a decent tube amp like one of the Singlepower amps which has been well recieved or any of the other higher quality tube amps available.

Oct 25, 2003 at 1:33 PM Post #19 of 19
If you are thinking about Cardas, let me suggest the Quadlink 5C. I have been checking these out and they have mellow highs and tons of bass. They cost qute a bit less than the Cross too.

Quadlink

Users who are viewing this thread

Back