Advice - need to make a decision though it is very hard right now. Mostly Klipsch vs Sleek Audio
Apr 21, 2009 at 1:35 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

kysg

New Head-Fier
I've asked this before but I put it off. Prices were awkward at that time and I was thinking over somethings. Well decided to only use my Phone, and Mp3 player for rest of the year. Figured the A728 and my busted D2 should get me by. Currently using stock earbuds on my a728, eqiv to like the MDR ex 85lp's or some mess like that. Better than typical stock earbuds but lacking in comparison to the Super fi 3's and Klipsch custom 1's I've owned.

Hmmm Guess I'll go this route. I've owned Several earphones.

1. Sennheiser cx300 - Broken

2. Sony Ex90lp can't exactly remember the model but these died.

3. UE metro fi 2's - broke after 2 weeks.

4. 2xl Iems - no longer use.

5. Jays J - jays - man I just did not like these.

6. Sony Ex700lp's for some reason these are lacking. Think I made a bad purchase

7. UE super 3's here we get a good purchase and a decent pair of headphones. Died in left ear and sold them after RMA.

8. Klipsch custom 1's IMO best earphones I think I have ever used. They go in and stay in and are easy to clean. Though RMaing right now, have to sell after they RMA because they won't have a warranty.

I'm really mixed at this point but may need some more guidance.

I remember I was deciding on the Custom 2's and SA6. And dkft recommended phonaks. took a look and still feel like I need some convincing maybe I need to read more.

Right now Custom 2's - I think all headphones I've used have had just the 1 solid and good armature. Be nice to finally break into the dual armature range. They are down to roughly under 100 dollars. I'm considering these.

Sleek Audio Sa6 - this is a no brainer, though it is interesting that the VQ driver seems to do very well. Price is about 150 I think. or roughly 180. I think these are in the same class as the custom 2's but I shy away from these because of the price and the warranty for the cable is only 90 days.

Phonaks PFE - man these are hard ones to turn down at 130 they and I heard these beat out both the custom 2's and the Sa6. I'm considering but I think I need to do more research.

Image S4 - these are the cheapest of them all but looking over these I am not convinced I feel these may not hit home or just sound like the custom 1's.

Image X5 - Considering these also they are like a downgrade to the x10's. but I may be a little apprehensive about these.

Nuforce - this is an oddity because I was looking through the thread and I had never heard of them but Looked and I wonder has anyone heard of them??? NE7 and Ne8 are warranting some consideration.

sorry this is so long. But it looks like I have to do some reading d'oh.

Apr 21, 2009 at 1:03 PM Post #5 of 20
I would recommend the SA6s. I've used them for well over a year, and they've served me VERY well. Excellent and comfortable isolation, fantastic SQ (it's been compared directly with the SE530 and TF10s, look in the SA6 appreciation thread), and customizable sound signature.

Apr 22, 2009 at 11:45 PM Post #6 of 20
I'm thinking on it, Dunno I figure if I was gonna drop that much money SA6 is the goto.

I listen to a lot of Rock music. Alternative mainly.

Still kinda hard to make a call on these.

UPDATE: curbing some options. Only looking into Custom 2 and Nuforce 8, and SA6. Curb all other options.

Apr 23, 2009 at 1:08 AM Post #7 of 20
Carefull of the C2's if you look on the main 1 or 2 pages you will see several users who have bought these in the last week and are unhappy, mainly because of microphonics issues with the cable. Apparently Klipsch has changed the cable from a softer cloth covered cable to the same stiffer one on the C3 model which many consider to be a bad decision.

Apr 23, 2009 at 1:27 AM Post #9 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by kysg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sleek Audio Sa6 - this is a no brainer, though it is interesting that the VQ driver seems to do very well. Price is about 150 I think. or roughly 180. I think these are in the same class as the custom 2's but I shy away from these because of the price and the warranty for the cable is only 90 days.

Don't worry about the cable, mine held up for the year that I had them, plus they're replacable if something should happen to them

Apr 23, 2009 at 2:32 AM Post #10 of 20
I'm still on my first set of SA6 cables, even after a year of daily use. I had purchased an extra cable, just in case, but I never had to use them.

Apr 23, 2009 at 5:12 PM Post #11 of 20
The cable is covered in cloth??? hmmm maybe that is why my custom 1's cable got messed up still works but there is a tear in the cloth that I guess that was surrounding the cable. even though my custom 1's are on return from RMA. Guess that puts me back in a similar position. guess it would be SA6, phonaks, or the nuforce 8's. Probably get to curb the Nuforce 8's unless my budget goes out of whack.

Apr 29, 2009 at 3:53 AM Post #13 of 20
I previously owned a pair of sleek...and I can tell you, that sleek has some build quality problem...Its not really bad,...but its not the best...The customer service is awesome, they response to you quickly.,.anyway the SQ is awesome.,..its mids is definitely crystal..
and its customize tips is one of the good point.,.no matter what kind of music you hear,..,I bet from many variation of tips they provide,,,one of them is your perfect fit,.and you can also change them over and over,.,.,.but watch out sleek is really fragile.,.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back