advice me what should i get...
Nov 10, 2008 at 6:57 PM Post #16 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by filch /img/forum/go_quote.gif
well i like rock to hard rock kind of music..
so which one do you think its suitable?
thanks!

And do you like your bass?
And where will you be listening? At home? On a bus? In the library?

Edit: I ask because it matters. Two people have recommended Grados. Problem is, they Grados they're referring to are open. They leak and don't isolate. Also, many find the lower end Grados a tad bright, and if that's not your thing, you'll want to stay away.

Nov 11, 2008 at 9:11 AM Post #18 of 33
So, no Grados.

Erm, there's nothing at ~$150 that I can think of, actually. HD25 1 IIs are the closest at ~$189. I think AKG K81DJs might suit, but these are much, much cheaper. < $100. Now for about $60 on Amazon, actually.

Nov 11, 2008 at 9:25 AM Post #19 of 33
What happened to the ES7 recommendation? These have above average sound quality, they would be great for rock, they are closed for bus listening, and they are quite portable. On top of all of these merits they are almost the best looking headphones in creation (the ESW9s look better). Its almost a no brainer in this price range.

Nov 15, 2008 at 5:40 AM Post #22 of 33
erm, anything speaking against IEMs? Personally, I wouldn't run around in public with headphones..

Nov 15, 2008 at 6:17 AM Post #23 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by feNcheL /img/forum/go_quote.gif
erm, anything speaking against IEMs? Personally, I wouldn't run around in public with headphones..

What does that have to do with the OP?

Nov 15, 2008 at 9:17 AM Post #25 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Monkey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What does that have to do with the OP?

Maybe the OP should consider an IEM instead. Just my opinion though..

Nov 16, 2008 at 1:02 PM Post #29 of 33
when looking at headphone specification. What does FREQUENCY RESPONSE tells you about the headphone? Is it a larger band shows a better headphone specification? And SENSITIVITY ?... is it a higher Db better? please someone explain what are these and what should i look out for in a headphone specification?

Nov 16, 2008 at 1:26 PM Post #30 of 33
Hey there, welcome to Head-Fi

Worry about the amps later, at ~150$ headphones usually don't cry out for an amp.
I was going to vouch for the Grados too, but since they should be closed or IEMs ..well, not really my area there, I hear Shure makes nice buds?
tongue_smile.gif

The fundamentals of headphones like frequency response etc. I'm not going to start teaching you here, because it's so basic stuff, you should take a little moment and study the technology if you're really interested, howstuffworks.com and wikipedia are good places to start
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back