Advice in choosing high end IEMs.
Apr 18, 2014 at 7:16 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Raiton

New Head-Fier
Hi,
I am considering buying a new in ear headphones and perhaps I need your advice. I would like to buy some high end IEMs, that will last at least 4 years. I´m not going to buy a new pair of headphones every year. The problem is that, I live in Czech Republic and we do´t have here good selection of headphoes and I don´t want buy them from abroad because of warranty.
Here is list of headphones,  which I´m thinking about:

Shure SE 535- I know that they are something about 3 years old, but the price is about 500 dollars here, which is good, but the problem is that, I read, that they are already obsolete.Probably not good choice then.

Sennheiser IE 800- New flagship headphones good looking, light, small, well built, but the problem is, that I am not quite shure, if they can last at least 4 years. Thay don´t have removabale cable and  rubber at the bottom of headphones might worn down quickly. They are 400 dollars more expenise as the Shure Se 535, but I am willing  to pay this extra price, if this headphones are better or superb in some ways.

Shure Se 846-  Another new flagship headphones. I read some reviews and it seems, that they are better than Sennheiser IE 800. But  I don´t know how much, there is 250 dollar difference between these and IE 800 and I think, that it is just too much for me. But they have some huge advantages such as removable cable etc. But they might be heavy or big for me.

I listen mostly metal and rock, but I want hadphones which are good in every aspect.

Do you have any advicen which one schould I choose or would you recommed any of them to me from your personal experience?

Thanks for advice 
I appreciate it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back