Advice for the replacement of cable on ISN EST50
Sep 3, 2021 at 3:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Rage92

New Head-Fier
Hi all
First thanks for the welcome on this forum that I have been following with attention for a long time.
I am planning to buy the ISN EST50 earphones and I would like to make upgrade of the original cable (S8) and replace it by something better.
Some People here have tested the eadphones with other cables and I wanted to hear their advise.
So I was thinking in particular of the ISN SC4 cable and I have a budget of 150 USD.
Thank you in advance and have a nice day.

Sep 3, 2021 at 12:05 PM Post #2 of 3
sorry but I forgot to introduce myself :)
I live in France near Paris, 49 years old, 3 children.
Passionate about motorcycles and audio, I started by being interested in open headphones, starting a few years ago with a Beyer DT990 Edition (250 Ohms) then Focal Spirit Classic then Sennheiser HD600. More recently I acquired Audio Technica MSR7B (closed) and Audioquest Nighthawk carbon (like it a lot).
At the end of last year, a friend advised me to try modest intras wired headphones and so I started with BLON BL03 with a more qualitative cable. Really surprised by the rendering, rather clean and close to some much more expensive headphones. I also like the nomadic side, associated with a DAP or a desk amplifier, I find it very practical.
I also admire the technicality and the manufacturing quality of certain brands like Dunu or Fiio.
Currently I own Tingker TK300, Moondrop Aria, Tri I3, Shanling AE3, ISN D10, Dunu DK2001 and SA6 and Fiio FD5 and FH7.
I intend to take the ISN EST50.
I mainly like rock, post-rock, metal, folk, electro, a bit of jazz and classical.
Happy to talk with you.

Apr 3, 2022 at 6:35 AM Post #3 of 3
Hi.
Totally out of time I relpy you while listening to ISN EST50 with Linsoul 'Ninph' cable I have had on Drop. It is a 8 strands OCC graphene - single crystal copper mix cable. It helps tame a little the bloated sub-bass, keeping the good resolution and mids - highs dynamic of the IEM

The IEM is pretty bassy for my tastes, but I found it works good with some old little dynamic music remasters (Blue Note, Contemporary, Prestige/New Jazz recordings) I long love.

Attachments

• 20220401_184344.jpg
    20220401_184344.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back