Advice for MQA USB-C DAC and BT headphones for Galaxy Note 10
Aug 20, 2019 at 4:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Scottyj11

New Head-Fier
I'm after a couple pieces of advice or suggestions relating to affordable MQA capable in line DAC and BT headphones. I'm anticipating getting a Samsung Galaxy Note 10 this week. It will be my first phone without 3.5mm headphone jack. I'm currently considering how to get decent sound out of this device streaming from Tidal.

I currently have a pair of RHA T20i IEM which I use most often and a pair of PSB M4U 2 over ears (which are getting old). I also have a Fiio X5 (Mk1) which in fairness has began to collect dust as I am streaming more on Tidal with premium subscription f(better or worse).

I started my search looking for a good quality USB C to 3.5mm adaptor. Then I realised that they all have a DAC in them and couldn't bear the thought of buying wait cheap rubbish.

I would like to keep using my RHA iIEMs for the convenience factor so am looking for a small DAC for under $200. It looks like The dragonfly black is one of the best options, but would then require the USB C Dragon tail. Are there any other (? newer) options with MQA compatibility and USB C connectivity?

I'm also considering buying a to pair of Bluetooth headphones(like Sony WH1000XM3) to replace the PSB M4U 2s. I know this is contentious in terms of possible quality over BT but have read good things about the Sonys. I gather they will not decode MQA.

Can you provide some guidance on how to approach this and best bang for buck?

Aug 20, 2019 at 9:23 PM Post #2 of 4
Sorry but don’t know what you really want. The headphones and in ears are not something that I would make a big deal of having MQA for them.

Aug 20, 2019 at 9:26 PM Post #3 of 4
I can understand and respect that. Being the case does it matter what I use to connect my in ears? Can you suggest an accessible and decent quality USB C to 3.5mm dongle/DAC?

Aug 20, 2019 at 10:07 PM Post #4 of 4
I can understand and respect that. Being the case does it matter what I use to connect my in ears? Can you suggest an accessible and decent quality USB C to 3.5mm dongle/DAC?
No I can not as I don’t have them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back