Advice for moving from portable to PC audio
May 25, 2016 at 3:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

DoMM

New Head-Fier
Hi, new user here. I currently own JVC HA-SZ2000 and use them with a fiio e12 alongside my phone(xperia z1). I want to begin using them with my PC but don't really know what I need, I assume a new soundcard, but know not much else. I will be using them for music and also gaming primarily, mainly I enjoy dance music so bass is a priority. The quality of my music wavers as I use both Spotify and Soundcloud. I thought maybe using equalizer software on my PC would be a good idea but I have not found much I can use, I assume a good sound card would come with that?

If any advice could be given on a potential setup I would appreciate it a lot as I definitely did not meet the potential of my headphones using an amp and my phone, since I usually use them at my desk anyway it seemed like a better idea to go the PC route. 

Thanks 

Dom

May 25, 2016 at 9:02 PM Post #2 of 3
Asus Xonar DX or D1 sound card (used $50-$60) and plug the E12 into the sound card (and headphones into E12).
Creative Labs Sound Blaster Z sound card (used $60-$70), plug headphones straight into the Z's headphone jack.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back