Advice for Mixing Console and PC Audio
Sep 19, 2018 at 10:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Narbis

New Head-Fier
I'm trying to figure out the best audio setup for my needs and wasn't able to find a definitive answer after searching around. I'd like to be able to listen to my computer and a Nintendo Switch at the same time through one pair of headphones. It seems the usual answer is to use a mixer of some sort, but I've also seen instances where the audio quality can suffer unless a very high-quality mixer is used (and I'd rather not spend a fortune on audio equipment).

From what I understand, this is what the setup would look like: https://imgur.com/vG55MYq

(The colored boxes represent equipment I haven't yet purchased)

However, I've also seen some users suggest using just a USB audio interface to accomplish everything that my mock-up would do, but it's never really explained how you could go about doing that (and I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to this stuff).

Can anyone here suggest a better way to accomplish this with the least amount of equipment as possible and preferably without quality loss? I've been looking into getting better headphones and a DAC/Amp but it seems like it would go to waste if mixing the audio made it sound bad anyway. Alternatively, if my mock-up is actually correct that would be good to know as well!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back