Advice for headphones at work?
Nov 25, 2016 at 10:15 AM Post #16 of 21
Do you realize how absurd your statements are?
Let's start with the one that prompted my reply: "These are professional headphones, hence they are not meant to be worn many hours, and hence uncomfortable".
When comfort is pretty much number 1 or 2 requirement, you know, for people that works 8+h a day with a "tool".
You did not say: "I tried those headphone, and the feel uncomfortable to me".
Let's pick the new one: "They sell well today because they sold well yesterday".
I am not sure which market laws are followed in your own country, but here, for these kind of goods, things work a bit different, much more especially so, in a 30 years window.

Ultimately, no, you are not expressing your personal opinions.
Had you stated "this headphone does not sound good to me", or "this headphone is uncomfortable to me", nobody would have a problem.
You just made silly statements, and you keep digging into your own hole.

Nov 25, 2016 at 9:45 PM Post #17 of 21
  Do you realize how absurd your statements are?
Let's start with the one that prompted my reply: "These are professional headphones, hence they are not meant to be worn many hours, and hence uncomfortable".
When comfort is pretty much number 1 or 2 requirement, you know, for people that works 8+h a day with a "tool".
You did not say: "I tried those headphone, and the feel uncomfortable to me".
Let's pick the new one: "They sell well today because they sold well yesterday".
I am not sure which market laws are followed in your own country, but here, for these kind of goods, things work a bit different, much more especially so, in a 30 years window.

Ultimately, no, you are not expressing your personal opinions.
Had you stated "this headphone does not sound good to me", or "this headphone is uncomfortable to me", nobody would have a problem.
You just made silly statements, and you keep digging into your own hole.

I thought this was a place for discussion, not arguments.
Just shut up already. I entered this forum because I wanted a mature discussion.
You have a right to your headphone, and I respect that.
You don't respect me at all!
You only think you are right. But, there isn't any right in this world of headphones.
Nostalgia and love is valid, but not necessarily a reliable form of suggestion.
Now, I say it again: Please be mature about your suggestions.
Just say "I disagree, because..." instead of "are you trolling?"
You're being a hypocrite, telling me how to say things properly.
Then, I can take your comment seriously.
(unless you are somehow being payed by Sony or something like that)

Edit: I also noticed that you ignored my statement regarding the comfort. I said that they make you sweaty very easily. I'm pretty sure this person is looking for headphones to listen to for several hours, not only a few. I have headphones with the same earpads, and I have to put tissue on my ears just to avoid sweating.
Its true that I never tried it. But I've already done much research, and it is very much viable to this market. I've actually seen people use it during the past few weeks. All of them from news companies, actually.
I'm stating my opinion based on research. Or, I am stating a valid, objective statement that debunks your statements.
Either way is right.

In a world where audio equipment make very minor changes over the span of tens of years that improve quality by a relatively small margin, its quite hard to leave behind some audio products that have been used very commonly in the past.
These headphones are by no means outdated. They are pretty good, but aren't the best.
I personally believe that the Audio Technica AD-500X is the best at this price point. It's originally priced at 130 dollars, but recently, their price dropped to a permanent $70-80. So Amazon's listed price is not a temporary discount, if you check it out

They seem to have good bang for buck, and seem to meet your (@compddd) requirements pretty well.
Cloth earpads can also help with sweating problems, if that matters.
They are quite open as well. Very open, actually.
There could be other headphones I might not be aware of. But in this case, I believe that this is the best headphone for you to get.

Nov 26, 2016 at 10:21 AM Post #18 of 21
Sometimes, you really need to pick apart statement by statement.

I thought this was a place for discussion, not arguments.

It is, but you seem to draw the line between argument and discussion, right where you like.

Just shut up already.

So long, for someone which complained about freedom of speech above.

I entered this forum because I wanted a mature discussion.

Then make mature statements. And the "This headphone is for professionals, hence it is uncomfortable" it is not.

You don't respect me at all.

Not knowing you at all, I can only see your statements, and respect can only come from them.

But, there isn't any right in this world of headphones.

Nowhere, in this thread of others, I made such statement. As a matter of fact, you will find plenty of threads where I state the exact contrary.

Nostalgia and love is valid, but not necessarily a reliable form of suggestion.

What? Nostalgia? Love?
I'm not even sure why I waste my time with you, but let's keep going.
I made such suggestion based on personal opinion, which comes from actually using that HP at work.
Plus, added a link to a very well respected source, which rated that HP very well, among a large set of other HPs.

Please be mature about your suggestions.

Once again, you did not state something like "I have tried that HP, and to me, it does not sound right", or "I tried that HP, and to me, it feels uncomfortable".
Someone coming up with the statement "This HP is for professionals, hence uncomfortable" telling someone else to be mature in his statements is almost an oxymoron.

But anyway, I am sure that there are many other threads on this forum where you can spread your pearls of wisdom.

Nov 26, 2016 at 12:10 PM Post #19 of 21
Professional headphones don't have to be comfortable per se. A good isolation and a flat signature are more common.
Actually, due to the isolation, they usually have a pretty tight clamp.

Anyway, a headphone comfortable with elevated highs can be more uncomfortable than another with bad pads/headband and a warmer sound.

Nov 26, 2016 at 8:02 PM Post #20 of 21
Professional headphones don't have to be comfortable per se. A good isolation and a flat signature are more common.
Actually, due to the isolation, they usually have a pretty tight clamp.

Anyway, a headphone comfortable with elevated highs can be more uncomfortable than another with bad pads/headband and a warmer sound.

Pretty much comfort, is one of the two requirements for professional use.
Would you pick an uncomfortable chair, had you a job which requires you to sit for 8+h a day?
In the particular case where the 7506 are used in professional studios, high definition audio (the ability to pick apart imperfections in the recordings) is the other requirement.
Note though, that the original argument was "professional hence uncomfortable".
You probably have never tried the 7506 if you say that it has high clamp, or you have an head much bigger than mine.

Then comfort is totally subjective. Head and ears shape largely influence that.
Point in case, the Fostex T50RP MK3, which many do not even try with stock pads because they feel very uncomfortable, for me are perfectly fine.
About the revealing sound of the 7506, that is another totally subjective preference.
I tend to like lively, revealing, headphones, hence I like this kind of signature.
Other prefer a more veiled sound, for which the 7506 is not a perfect fit.

Nov 26, 2016 at 10:51 PM Post #21 of 21

Pretty much comfort, is one of the two requirements for professional use.
Would you pick an uncomfortable chair, had you a job which requires you to sit for 8+h a day?
In the particular case where the 7506 are used in professional studios, high definition audio (the ability to pick apart imperfections in the recordings) is the other requirement.
Note though, that the original argument was "professional hence uncomfortable".
You probably have never tried the 7506 if you say that it has high clamp, or you have an head much bigger than mine.

Then comfort is totally subjective. Head and ears shape largely influence that.
Point in case, the Fostex T50RP MK3, which many do not even try with stock pads because they feel very uncomfortable, for me are perfectly fine.
About the revealing sound of the 7506, that is another totally subjective preference.
I tend to like lively, revealing, headphones, hence I like this kind of signature.
Other prefer a more veiled sound, for which the 7506 is not a perfect fit.

You seem to sound pretty one sided, HotIce
If you noticed, I never denied anything since the beginning
and you continue to give a very aggressive tone to me.
Sorry if I offended you to a certain point. I thought you were trying to do the same.

Well, back to conversation
None of us ever said out right that these headphones are uncomfortable.
I merely mentioned that there are better headphones in this aspect.
For a person used to bed-like comfort, I think I prefer the softer, smoother cloth earpads that the AD-500X provide.
The earpads on the MDR is an old style of earpads, that are made of a plastic-like material.
That is comfortable, but not as much as others today. But, like you said, its subjective.

But, since the majority likes the comfort modern headphones provide today, with materials like leatherette and alcantara, I personally believe that it is a better option to use the AD500X.
That's all I'm saying. No need to insult me further.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back