Advice for headphones at work?
Nov 16, 2016 at 11:46 AM Post #7 of 21
There's a new review today on the Verge of some closed (better for user in the office anyway) back HPs from Status Audio that Vlad says "might be the best headphones under $100" that might be worth a look

Nov 24, 2016 at 5:11 AM Post #8 of 21
Hi there! Few days back, I was searching online sites for buying headphones so I came to know about various sites which are having great collections of headphone and earphones for $100 and less. You can either search on internet for various sites or visit this site for over-ear headphone collection.

Nov 24, 2016 at 10:13 AM Post #9 of 21
Open headphones, huh?
For you money, I think the Audio Technica AD-500X is your best bet.
It does have a long, non-removable cable though. But I'm sure you should be alright with that.

Its not too portable either. But since you're going to stay in one place while using this headphone, this shouldn't be too much of a problem.

P.S. You're posting this in the wrong place! That's why people aren't responsive.

Nov 24, 2016 at 1:21 PM Post #10 of 21
Sony MDR-7506

http://thewirecutter.com/reviews/the-best-150-over-ear-headphones/

https://www.amazon.com/Sony-MDR7506-Professional-Diaphragm-Headphone/dp/B000AJIF4E/

Nov 24, 2016 at 7:07 PM Post #11 of 21
Nov 24, 2016 at 7:23 PM Post #12 of 21
He said open back as well. I don't think he can use that headphone.
I also think that this headphone might not be a good idea. It's a professional headphone that's not meant to be worn over many hours. It might be uncomfortable in work.

Really? Uncomfortable? An headphone which has been designed to be worn for hours and hours by professionals?
Are you trolling?

As far as open back, this is a closed HP, yes.
Seems strange using open back HP at work, unless you are working alone, and you need to be able to hear sounds around you.

Nov 24, 2016 at 7:32 PM Post #13 of 21
Really? Uncomfortable? An headphone which has been designed to be worn for hours and hours by professionals?
Are you trolling?

As far as open back, this is a closed HP, yes.
Seems strange using open back HP at work, unless you are working alone, and you need to be able to hear sounds around you.

No need to be so agressive. This is a place where we communicate maturely.
Anyways, those earpads are the ones I am calling uncomfortable. I've used those earpads before, and they are pretty much the equivalent to a thin plastic bag with cushion: It makes your ears really sweaty.

His work is probably a very communicative one, so it should be no surprise that he wants to hear everyhing.

Nov 24, 2016 at 7:53 PM Post #14 of 21
No need to be so agressive. This is a place where we communicate maturely.
Anyways, those earpads are the ones I am calling uncomfortable. I've used those earpads before, and they are pretty much the equivalent to a thin plastic bag with cushion: It makes your ears really sweaty.

Yet, this is very likely to HP that has been produced by more years (since mid 1980) in the audio industry, and used by people which wear it for work.
Which means, this is no "let me hear the sound-stage" ten minutes session of the average gear collector.
Had it been uncomfortable, it would have likely been gone from the market long time ago.
Or replaced by a sequel of 25 following models, due to the previous one dropping market sales figures.

Nov 24, 2016 at 9:34 PM Post #15 of 21
Yet, this is very likely to HP that has been produced by more years (since mid 1980) in the audio industry, and used by people which wear it for work.
Which means, this is no "let me hear the sound-stage" ten minutes session of the average gear collector.
Had it been uncomfortable, it would have likely been gone from the market long time ago.
Or replaced by a sequel of 25 following models, due to the previous one dropping market sales figures.

I'm just saying that I am sure that there are better alternatives to that headphone in the same price point, even if the Sony is over 20 years old.
Viable doesn't mean the best headphone, either.
They are simply selling it today, because it just worked pretty well at its time.
Ez money, you know?

No need to fanboy over it. I'm just stating my opinions on your suggestion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back