Advice for great headphones around 80-90 € or less
Apr 8, 2014 at 4:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

SedyBenoitPeace

New Head-Fier
Hi guys,
i found this great forum because i was looking to buy great headphones! I'm not an audiphile but i'd like to be if i can tell! What i want to tell is that i really like to listening music and i feel that for some years i didn't listen to my music in a great way, in fact i knew only recently the importance of the headphones! Until some weeks ago i was thinking (and i'm sincerely ashamed to thell this)  that a pair of headphones with a loud sound was good but now i understand that is not in this way! For now i have a pair of cheap Sony mdr-e9lp
I follow the forum since some weeks and i added some headphones to my "list".
However before the list i want to explain what type of headphone i'd like! Then i'm looking for a clear audio and good bass (yes i really like bass) and i listen to the music on my great Nexus 5 (then on the bus or the train) and also with my notebook! I don't want a DAC or something like that! Oh and besides this i like the in ear type but i think that there aren't good headphones at that price (am i wrong?), and i noticed that there are a lot of over the ear that are good in terms of price! The price can be less of 80-90 € and sincerely if the price is below this it will be better!
Well this is the headphones that i noticed in these weeks that i read the forum:
JVC ha-s680
AKG - 518
Creative Aurvana Live
Shure SE215

EDIT: I forgot to tell that i listen only to Rock Music (Alternative rock, specifically Post-Grunge, but i like all the rock music (also Hard Rock etc...)).

Of course i open this thread to see some advice! Thanks in advance to all!

Apr 8, 2014 at 6:26 PM Post #4 of 10
Apr 8, 2014 at 6:35 PM Post #5 of 10
Thanks for answer! I forgot to tell that i listen only to Rock Music (Alternative rock, specifically Post-Grunge, but i like all the rock music (also Hard Rock etc...)).

However i will wait also other advices!

Apr 9, 2014 at 5:38 PM Post #6 of 10
Anyone? I think that the Shure SE215 are right for me...but i posted on this forum to see if someone with better and greater experience than me can give to me an advice! I think that in the first post there are all the informations!

Apr 13, 2014 at 12:45 PM Post #8 of 10
Have you seen this thread: http://www.head-fi.org/t/688977/nexus-5-sound-quality

Probably a good place to find out some headphones that pair well with the Nexus 5.

Apr 21, 2014 at 1:44 PM Post #10 of 10
Then guys...i resume my thread because i made my homeworks :)
I deeply read the Headphones Buying Guide and of course i look in the "entry level" category because i have that type of budget.
Like i told in the first post, i'm searching headphones that can give to me clear sound but also a good bass (with alternative rock music more specifically post-grunge) then in the Buying Guide i considered only the headphones with the "b". Like we can see on the list there are this models:
IEM:
Shure SE215
JAYS a-JAYS Five
Over the ear:
Denon D1100
Audio Technica M50
Creative Aurvana Live 2!
Ultrasone HFI-580

Now i need headphones that have a great portability then my choice would be the JAYS a-JAYS Five because i read some good reviews and they have also the microphone (but honestly i don't care about it), i skipped the Shure (that they were my first choice) because i think that they are unconfortable).
However i'd like to hear the opinion of someone that is better than me in the audio field, my main doubt is, exactly what is the difference between IEM and On Hear in terms of sound (sorry for noob question) because i would choose the JAYS a-JAYS Five but i'm really intrigued by the Audio Technica M50 and Creative Aurvana Live 2! (and for this what are the differences with the previous model?), because despite they are Over the ear, i see that the M50 have great portability.
Sorry for multiple questions but these headphones will be my first "real" purchase in these field because until now i used cheap Sony..thanks in advance!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back