advice for gaming sound-card
Sep 19, 2010 at 5:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

avinin1

New Head-Fier
Hi guys, I need advice for buying a new sound card for gaming only, for my headset.
the Budget is 230USD.
i thinks about :
1)Creative X-FI TITANUM
2)Creative X-FI TITNANU Fatal1ty
3)Creative X-FI XteremeGamer
4)Creative X-FI XtremeGamer

Which one is the best?
any advice? maybe advice for sound card that I not mentioned?
(I prefer CREATIVE beacause ill need the CSS3D, and the EAX tehnology)

general question - ill notice any diffrence if I will change mine on-board sound card (realtek..) to one of the sound-cards above?

HUGE THANKS FOR ADVANCE!
wave.gif

btw, my headset is STEELSERIES 5Hv2.

Sep 20, 2010 at 10:30 PM Post #5 of 8
I too second that the creative drivers are terrible. The eax drivers had some bugs with echoes on my card, long story short, It was fine for games, but the music had some harsh highs, so i ended up using my realtek onboard, which for some reason sounds much better. I honestly don't know if it supports eax, but my gaming (and sounds) are identical. That said there are more than one reaktek chips, some reportedly better than others. Mine is ALC888, which i believe is one of the better ones, but i might be wrong.

Sep 20, 2010 at 11:55 PM Post #6 of 8

Quote:
I too second that the creative drivers are terrible. The eax drivers had some bugs with echoes on my card, long story short, It was fine for games, but the music had some harsh highs, so i ended up using my realtek onboard, which for some reason sounds much better. I honestly don't know if it supports eax, but my gaming (and sounds) are identical. That said there are more than one reaktek chips, some reportedly better than others. Mine is ALC888, which i believe is one of the better ones, but i might be wrong.

Ohh, and  when win7 came out creative took forever to release drivers.

And I on the other hand have never had any issues with creative drivers, and I have been using them for almost 6 years. Reality is if you are a seriuos gamer X-FI based cards are still the best.

I just got the newest version of the X-FI and I really like it.

Sep 21, 2010 at 1:39 AM Post #7 of 8
I think it might also be possible to just use different drivers.  If Creative isn't working out for you try Realtek drivers which can be found here.  Not 100% sure on the compatibility but it should work

Users who are viewing this thread

Back