Advice for a mid-range portable headphone please and thank you!
Jul 29, 2013 at 6:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Awpward

New Head-Fier
I am buying a mid-range portable headphone, used mainly for music and tablet usage, some pc gaming and movies. I have listened to and 'favourited' four headphones, the Logitech UE 6000, the Sennheiser Momentum, The Sony MDR-1R and the Philips Fidelio L1 (I was unconvinced by the sound, but it I was only standing a few metres away from the busiest street in my city so it was a little hard to hear and focus).

Obviously, looks are fairly important, but the comfort of all these is one of the key features for me (I wear sizeable glasses). Sound is also very important, I like an energetic clear sound, with a little bass presence (but definitely nothing overblown like Beats).

Of these 4, which would be the best pick? And are there any others I should be aware of that are similar in style, comfort and sound quality? I realise that the prices differs a lot, so I would tend to go for the cheaper picks, unless there is significant reason to pick the pricier ones instead. Cheers.

Jul 30, 2013 at 4:56 PM Post #2 of 2
Hi, I' certainly no expert, but I went through the same process as you fairly recently. I auditioned the Momentums and the Sony's in a store (but not the other two you mentioned I'm afraid).

They both sounded pretty great, but the Momentums - for me anyway - definitely had the sonic edge over the Sony's. However, the Sony headphones were rather more comfortable; the Momentum's clamp a little tightly and the cups are sort of half -way between over-ear and on-ear phones. Having said that, I have a fairly large head and ears, so you might be fine.

I'm not regretting buying the Sennheiser's though as they really do sound great plugged straight into my Macbook Air or HTC One. Hope that helps a little...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back