ADVICE: Fiio E7 DAC vs E11 AMP + Seperate Soundcard
May 24, 2013 at 1:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Bloodmeister

New Head-Fier
[size=10.5pt]Hello,[/size][size=10pt][/size]
[size=10.5pt]I have a Brainwavz HM3 and plan on buying a good $50 IEM in-the future and I was set on buying the Fiio E7 primarily for my portable Android mobile (the E7 with USB Audio support for android lured me) for listening to music- primarily 60s Psychedelic, Classic rock, alt-rock some Jazz and modern Pop (Sound preference: I appreciate quite-forward sounding mids that produce good detail, clarity and crunchy guitars without taking away the vingtage texture of music and not making the music sound digital like some previous cheap headphones I have owned. A good quanity,quality and quite a bit of depth in bass without being short and punchy but not too bloaty either. I don't mind much about cymbals and the highs) and for my PC for replacing on-board soundcard for movies, music and online gaming like BF3, BF4 (hence soundstage is important).[/size]

[size=10.5pt]But I have decided to the E7 on hold because I have found a thread comparing sub $100 amps in which it said E7 Amp narrows the soundstage and the E11 is better; which made me wait before I purchase the E7 in a hurry. Also in the same thread, someone said the better solution would be to buy E11 for mobile and a $25 soundcard like a ASUS Xonar instead of a single E7 (both costs the same)[/size]

[size=10.5pt]So I want the SQ comparision between E7 DAC vs the E11 Amp sections. I have read that E11 Amp > E7 Amp but how does the E7 DAC hold up to the E11? Does the E7 DAC narrow the soundstage like the amp section too? Also how much of difference in SQ and soundstage will there be between the E7 and a seperate gaming soundcard like the Xonar?[/size]
[size=10.5pt]So, if the E7 DAC is better than E7 Amp and is atleast 80% as good as the E11, I would rather buy the E7 alone and use it for both mobile and PC , becasuse I do not like the 10hr battery life of the E11 compared to the 80hr E7 but if the E7 DAC is not good as the E11 I would have to go for the E11 + Xonar or some similar card. Advices and suggesions appreciated.[/size]

May 26, 2013 at 2:47 AM Post #2 of 2
You might just want to wait a bit and pick up the FiiO E18 instead, designed specifically as an Android DAC/Amp.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/628254/fiio-e18

Users who are viewing this thread

Back