[advice] classic, canal <100$. new user
Jun 20, 2007 at 5:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

alcalina

New Head-Fier
hi i´m very new on the forum
smily_headphones1.gif

this is going to be my first ear phone ( canal)
i´m in doubt with
Sony EX90LP ( with mod)http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showth...highlight=EX90

and other options are
etymotic ER6i

and i liked very much SHURE E2G
50 dolars and apear like the sony with mod and paying less because dont have SONY on it
the idea its spent < 100

i like bass, but the truth is, i need some isolation i take BUS every day ( or big i dont know how much isolate i´m going need and how much noise have in bus )
doesnt drop of my ear
and ALL DAY LONG i listen classic music, its always BACH after this some techno or pop music like 1% only

i´m tired of my 0.0001 cents ear phone.

i´m going to put this phones on a ppc 6700 ( pda phone)
if it doens´t work i will buy a new GOOD mp3 player ( i accept advices here too, like a mp3 player that dont need a amp)

please dont send me links of phone that costs more than 100

i dont know why, but i want spent all my money when i see this cool
600smile.gif

"
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtxed View Post
What are these amps you guys are talking about?

I've never heard of, or seen one.

end quote from another junior member

oh... that's just a whole 'nother can o' worms. you don't want to go there lest ye not be liking yo' wallet! "
answer from warrior 5

i´m going to buy on ebay or used
anywhere that ship worldwide

sorry for the sucks english, i´m from brazil

and i´m afraid
all people say for new users
"1.) Welcome to head-fi and I'm sorry about your wallet"
frown.gif

links are welcome, because i dont know any good store to buy that accept paypal and ship worldwide
or i will buy from ebay or here from a old member.( next moth ofcourse i need receive my pay check first)

tks

Jun 20, 2007 at 5:45 AM Post #3 of 9
http://earphonesolutions.com/ : They ship everywhere, and a good mp3 player that doesn't need an amp is the Kenwood HD30GB9 (y) you can get it at around $400 + shipping from Japan.

Anyway, the ER6i is a good choice in terms of sound isolation and the other works. Other $100 IEMs include the Shure E2c (which I think is more suited for music), Vmoda Vibes (which I don't recommend for classical), Westone Um1 (very comfortable), D-jays, Super.fi 3, and alot more.

I think the E2c is a solid choice for comfort and isolation.

Jun 20, 2007 at 5:47 AM Post #4 of 9
Hey Brazilian boy, I think you should read and learn more concerning all this sound stuff, instead of annoying experienced members with your newbies questions!!! LOL...
And so save your money and lets Super fi 5 Eb or Pro, what do you think peolpe???

Jun 20, 2007 at 6:13 AM Post #6 of 9
The under-100 dollar canal phones ive tried: ep630s, marshmallows, fx 55s, vibes, and er6is.
er6is had great detail but I had a hard time getting a good fit. When I did it isolated great. However I found it a little weak on bass and found it uncomfortable after a while.
The vibes I found fun for a while but the sound sig wasn't for me. A little muddy also. Its pretty open so you won't get much isolation.
I do like my ep630s which are cheap (30 bux on amazon). Bass goes very deep, very powerful, a little bloated. Mids are a little muddy but not too bad. I like the highs, not fatiguing but not too rolled off. I go to these when for trance, metal, or when im in the mood for bass. If you really want detail, these probably aren't for you. I have UM1s for detail but they are 109. The isolation of ep630s is pretty good, not as much as true IEMs but I think they would work well for a bus. If you want a more refined version of ep630s for a little more money, I read that cx300s are more detailed but a little less bass, so read up on those.
Marshmallows also had a lot of bass, but I found it to overpower the mids. The highs were also too bring for me, even with kramer-mod. Many people like them and they have decent isolation and are only 20 dollars.
FX-55s have a lot less bass, but much for detailed. A little bit hollow and more expensive.

Well theres a quick summary, all my opinion of course, to help you get started researching.

Jun 20, 2007 at 3:59 PM Post #8 of 9
tks for all tips
i didn´t find the mp3 player Kenwood HD30GB9 on ebay

i think i will buy e3c
because my sister is a professional audiologist and she can
provide to me a custom ear sleeves.

and i find in ebay was for 110 dolares

for this price i like too Westone UM1
but i cant use a custom ear sleeves
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 23, 2007 at 8:49 PM Post #9 of 9
Been reading all of your posts for a while, but first time posting. I use Audio-Technica ATH-CK7's, which are way under 100 bones. If you're a bass freak, you won't like the phones, but the sound reproduction is warm and well-rounded. The high's might sound shrill at first, but after about 50 hrs burn-in time, they mellow out. I mainly listen to Classical & Jazz, with a lot of indie & some electronic stuff thrown in, i.e. Califone, Grizzly Bear, LCD, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back