Advice anyone?
May 29, 2010 at 3:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

louai

New Head-Fier
Hello.

I am choosing a earphone for my husband as a gift, a small one because he just lost his.......

There are currently 3 that i am interested in and i am just wondering if anyone can give me some advices...

1)

[size=1.7em] Sennheiser CX 500-B In-Ear Headphone[/size]

2)

[size=1.7em] Sennheiser CX380 Sport Series II Noise Isolating Earphones[/size]

3)

[size=1.7em] Sennheiser MM50 iP Earbud Headset (iPhone Compatible)[/size]

I only look into Sennheiser because my husband loves Sennheiser!!

If there is any other series that you think is better than the above 3, please let me know!! :)

I am thinking about 0-40 dollars on this gift. 

thanks

May 29, 2010 at 6:57 AM Post #3 of 3
I wouldn't recommend the cx500, it's an outdated design, the mm50 looks to be from the same era. If he loves sennheiser go for a newer design, some of them look quite good nowadays.
Maybe consider:
http://www.sennheiser.co.uk/uk/home_en.nsf/root/private_headphones_street-line_502846

I can't comment on the cx380 but it shouldn't be too bad. Has he had sennheiser iem's before, they generally present a sound signature that is quite bassy, which to me sounds just plain wrong with certian music types. What music does he listen to? Does he want a microphone? Do a search for something like "sennheiser cx review" in this forum, it should bring up a few results.

As for ie8's yes, i'm sure they're good but they're five times the budget, not even close to fitting the criteria.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back