Advice about my mother: should I buy headphones.
Jul 8, 2009 at 7:41 AM Post #61 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by johnwmclean /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just checked the OP’s profile, this is his last post. 1,139 posts total, he should be posting regularly. Is anybody else worried?

CDBacklash, let us know if your ok...

Last time I was talking to him on msn he was talking about trolling up head-fi, and I do believe this is the thread he was talking about. I haven't seen him on recently though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by roadtonowhere08 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And I really don't care to. Based on your posts of late, I can think of many reasons why you might be.

Yes, take your "irrational hate" for your parents and make it a blanket statement that applies to all people; that makes for logically sound advice.

It speaks volumes about your work ethic, character, and ability to think long term. You don't like school, I get it. Suck it up.

Could you perhaps not derail another topic? Go free-associate in your own thread.

I just made a comment, it was you all who decided to take that comment and derail the thread with it. You can go on making personal attacks all day but I'm never really going to care what you think of my character. In the mean time, there is an ignore feature on these forums and I highly suggest you make use of it.

Jul 8, 2009 at 7:41 AM Post #62 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by johnwmclean /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just checked the OP’s profile, this is his last post. 1,139 posts total, he should be posting regularly. Is anybody else worried?

CDBacklash, let us know if your ok...

I think it's far more likely he's just said good riddance to these forums- at least, temporarily- as opposed to took a nose dive off any high precipice. Still, it is concerning. However, as has already been said, whatevers he's done/was going to do was beyond our control as other forum members so why worry about it? He didn't recieve particulary harsh, cutting or malicious attacks either so any reaction like that, on said criticisms, would be an overreaction and/or really just a final something slight to tip him over as a result/in addition to other issues in his (private) life. Can't really blame anyone if he has/had actually done what he suggested he might as no one can be expected to anticipate such when communicating with others on a forum.

It is my view that someone with good mental health and strength should be able to deal with and/or put such criticisms into perspective (as one member advised to the OP himself in response to his OP, to post something like this, one has to expect a spectrum of anwsers and/or reactions and mentally be prepared for them/put them into perspective). Don't get me wrong, I'm not expectant of the above from everyone as people are, naturally, different and/or in various stages of awareness, understanding and development as well natural variance in intelligence and perceptual acutness/sharpness etc etc, but, when you're not communicating with someone face to face, or, at leas,t via telephone or audio, you can't react to them and 'read' them so well, obviously. That understood, I feel even if the OP was succeptible to taking criticism badly no one could have forseen or have been accepted to cater for it in advance/general when communicating via posts in forums.

Jul 8, 2009 at 7:44 AM Post #63 of 72
Yay someone posted and I don't have to edit my post.

Trillian says he was last seen yesterday at 5 A.M. ish. I'd take a off guess to say he might be back online soon, if he is I'll go check on him for you all.
wink.gif

Jul 8, 2009 at 7:52 AM Post #64 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by KONAKONA /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just made a comment, it was you all who decided to take that comment and derail the thread with it. You can go on making personal attacks all day but I'm never really going to care what you think of my character.

You are killing me with this self-righteous indignation of yours. I'm a pretty judgmental person, but even I would not label people who are still with their parents at 20 undeserving of sympathy. That is blind ignorance based on your own "irrational hate" for your parents. Notice how you drew the ire of more than just me with your comment. It was you that put the penny on the rail not me.

You can claim victim all you want, but those who judge should have thinker skin that what you display. It helps when you run into others who judge.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by KONAKONA /img/forum/go_quote.gif
In the mean time, there is an ignore feature on these forums and I highly suggest you make use of it.

Now why would I do that? Keep going, you are doing well...

Jul 8, 2009 at 8:06 AM Post #65 of 72
Bring your cash to a local hifi store, buy a pair of headphones, then return home with a smile.
Do not see how you then need to use your mothers credit card...

Jul 8, 2009 at 10:51 AM Post #66 of 72
That's enough about Kona, this thread isn't about him.

I agree with krmathis, then for extra effect wear them when walking back in the house, and get pictures of your mum's reaction for later lolz.

But in opposition, going locally would be much more expensive seeing as you live in aus. Maybe wait a while and take things slowly with your mum, just ease her into the idea rather than "Mum (Mom), im going to spend alot of my savings on this pair of headphones i want kthxbai" because as your mother her immediate reaction will be to say "son, that's a stupid idea" particularly to a non-audiophile. Best of luck.

Jul 9, 2009 at 12:05 AM Post #67 of 72
Back after failure and I have started college early.
Had my stomach pumped. Since then I have won a large (large) sum of money.
I still dont think I will come here often anymore.
Just figured I'd post after reading the thread.
Currently in therapy. Moved into a new place, no internet.

Jul 9, 2009 at 12:38 AM Post #69 of 72
Hooray you're alive!

Wait, what?

Jul 9, 2009 at 1:42 AM Post #71 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by CDBacklash /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Back after failure and I have started college early.
Had my stomach pumped. Since then I have won a large (large) sum of money.
I still dont think I will come here often anymore.
Just figured I'd post after reading the thread.
Currently in therapy. Moved into a new place, no internet.

There is only one response to that.

Cool story bro. A++ 10/10

Would rate again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back