Advice about my mother: should I buy headphones.
Jul 7, 2009 at 6:31 AM Post #46 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by KONAKONA /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Post disappeared,

Personally I show no sympathy for someone living with their parents when they are 20. Not to mention the trolling.

Anyway, have fun with your thread guys.
beerchug.gif

That's quite selfish. I'm sure he's not that abnormal, i know several >20yo's still living at home. Everyone has their reasons and may/may not be able to afford living out of home.

Jul 7, 2009 at 12:38 PM Post #48 of 72
"In other news, I'm starting to dislike browsing a number of boards on this forum due to several members being well... a word I dont feel like saying."

OP posted that 30 May. So after this thread, I guess he's taking a break. Wouldn't worry too much, Ishcabible...

Jul 7, 2009 at 2:10 PM Post #50 of 72
Quote:

Personally I show no sympathy for someone living with their parents when they are 20. Not to mention the trolling.

That's sad...I'm 24 and I still live with my parents. It's a personal choice I made to save money because I only live in town every other two weeks so I don't throw money into rent and utilities on a place I'm not even in half the time. Why should it be a problem for a person over 20 to live with their parents, especially if they pay for stuff while they are there?

Jul 7, 2009 at 6:48 PM Post #51 of 72
Quote:

Post disappeared,

beerchug.gif

I find it hilarious that a 16 year old without a job is judging a 20 year old living with his parents, which I think is perfectly fine given the reasons.
Nevertheless, I hope the OP reconsiders his decision. Perhaps it is a good time for him to start a bank account, get a credit card, and start establishing good credit ratings.

Jul 7, 2009 at 8:53 PM Post #52 of 72
Quote:

Post disappeared,

beerchug.gif

You really have no clue, do you? What is the extreme rush to get out when doing it right is the mature way? People are so damn anxious to get out of their parents house that they never do the math. Most of them either go into extreme debt or crawl back to mommy. There is NOTHING wrong with saving up while living with your parents and putting a fat down payment on a house. That way, you do not piss your money away in rent.

Anyway, have fun in fairy land...

Jul 8, 2009 at 2:50 AM Post #54 of 72
As I see it, there are two issues here. The first, that the OP is living with his mother at 20, is not a punishable offense in any way. There are dozens of situations I can imagine where that would be the logical choice.

The second issue is the OP not having a credit card, bank account, paypal, etc. Those can be obtained without parental consent and with no reprocussions at the OP's age. It would certainly be beneficial to get a headstart on the real world by establishing/understanding credit early on. It is clearly up to the OP and noone else to pursue the second issue, which may someday help with the resolution of the first.

Jul 8, 2009 at 3:03 AM Post #56 of 72
Quote:

I think I just successfully trolled a troll thread. Cool.

Right I'll be on my way now.

Yeah, on your way to another ban. Buy a clue...

Jul 8, 2009 at 5:36 AM Post #57 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by KONAKONA
Ha, dude my average is like 2.5 or something because I'm a lazy bum and sleep during school.

Yes, what a great reason to listen to you.... By the way you're going like that, i wouldn't be too surprised if you end up still with your parents at 20. For the wrong reasons too.

Jul 8, 2009 at 6:59 AM Post #58 of 72
Oh boy looks like I'll make another visit~

Quote:

Originally Posted by roadtonowhere08 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, on your way to another ban. Buy a clue...

You don't even know why I was banned the first time, good sir.

Quote:

Originally Posted by paddo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, what a great reason to listen to you.... By the way you're going like that, i wouldn't be too surprised if you end up still with your parents at 20. For the wrong reasons too.

I, truthfully, would rather be dead then living with my parents at 20. Not everyone shares my irrational hate for their parents though. Also, since when has someone's school scores been an accurate indicator of how smart they are? All that says is I don't give a flying flip about school and would rather be sleeping.

Jul 8, 2009 at 7:10 AM Post #59 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by CDBacklash /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Obviously I am just not good enough to please the older generations.
Maybe I should just kill myself. have a nice life.

Just checked the OP’s profile, this is his last post. 1,139 posts total, he should be posting regularly. Is anybody else worried?

CDBacklash, let us know if your ok...

Jul 8, 2009 at 7:25 AM Post #60 of 72
Quote:

Oh boy looks like I'll make another visit~

You don't even know why I was banned the first time, good sir.

And I really don't care to. Based on your posts of late, I can think of many reasons why you might have been.

Quote:

I, truthfully, would rather be dead then living with my parents at 20. Not everyone shares my irrational hate for their parents though.

Yes, take your "irrational hate" for your parents and make it a blanket statement that applies to all people; that makes for logically sound advice.

Quote:

Also, since when has someone's school scores been an accurate indicator of how smart they are? All that says is I don't give a flying flip about school and would rather be sleeping.

It speaks volumes about your work ethic, character, and ability to think long term. You don't like school, I get it. Suck it up.

Could you perhaps not derail another topic? Go free-associate in your own thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back