Advert seen on London Tube
May 31, 2006 at 11:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

StevieDvd

Headphoneus Supremus
A picture of a doney with white ear phones, ala iPod posters.

Emblazened with 'iFollowers' and a web address of idont.com

eek.gif

May 31, 2006 at 2:42 PM Post #2 of 7
So this is Sandisk's marketing strategy for their players, I understand? Do these strategies, where companies insult their competitors' customers, actually work? For example, for years I had no negative feelings towards Apple computers, even though I used PCs myself. But then came the recent "Apple with Intel CPU" spot, where Apple told me that Intel CPUs need to be freed from slavedrivers like me, who force their machines to do boring, stupid jobs. Thanks for that, Apple sure won't see any of my money. And now Sandisk wants to get more customers by telling Ipod users that they are mindless followers and sheep? Good luck with that. I don't even own an Ipod, but after reading this I would feel bad buying a Sandisk player.

May 31, 2006 at 3:18 PM Post #3 of 7
I agree, never been my favourite way of advertising. I can understand that, with some people, it might work well but I don't think you need to insult or belittle your competitors work & customers to drive your own trade. I mean iPod has how much of the market and Sandisk think they'll get a lot by insulting all iPod owners?

May 31, 2006 at 6:42 PM Post #4 of 7
too aggresive for me too, and I don't even like ipods.

May 31, 2006 at 6:58 PM Post #5 of 7
I love the way they make it as if having an iPod is like the worst thing imaginable; check out the 1984 ad they link to.

That kind of thought is completely ridiculous IMO, Sandisk suck anyway so I don't know what they're talking about.

May 31, 2006 at 7:16 PM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Breakdown
quite a few days old

OH NOES!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back