Advancedmp3 woes
Jan 15, 2009 at 6:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

abitdeef

Formerly known as ihatepopupads
Headphoneus Supremus
Well I just have to vent. I ordered another sony s639 from Advancedmp3 UK on jan 5th. The color was not in stock so I changed it the 6th. We are moving at the end of the month and I wanted to get it as soon as possible, it's for my wife. Anyways I got a notice from Adv on Jan. 8th that the order was being picked. Here it is the 14th and it's still being picked, they took my money out on the 5th.

I sent several emails (maybe 6), about maybe getting faster shipping and about the price changing ( went down 7 UK pounds) right after I bought it. I finally got an email today (after threatening to cancel the order) saying they were having trouble with Royal mail, and my order "should" ship by the end of the week. No answers to my questions on faster shipping or a price adjustment. I really wanted to cancel the order, but it's hard to get a hold of an s639 here in the US and the price is good.

I wanted to get it before we move back to Florida, and Royal mail can be slow as hell. I really thought it would be shipped the 9th. I guess I just get the feeling they don't give a sh** after they got my $$$. Even Cowon America was faster to respond to my emails and they can be really slow.

If they would have just responded earlier to my e-mails I wouldn't be half as upset. I can understand shipping problems, I can't understand ignoring the customer to the point of making them want to cancel the order out of frustration. I have never had anyone take so long to ship an "in stock" item.

I will say my other transactions with them have been smooth, except for the really slow royal mail. But I never had to contact them before. Does anybody know of any other outfits that ship from the UK to the US? Of course this wouldn't be a problem if sony would shower the US. with the same models as the UK.

Jan 15, 2009 at 7:54 PM Post #2 of 21
Oh I am sorry for the inconvenience you have experienced, but I have read from another forums they had a server shutdown, and when that happened they lost a lot of orders (Seems yours too) EDIT: Issues with the servers, don't remember if it was exactly a shudown...

They are taking more time (I ordered from them 3/4 months ago and they sent it fast) to review what they have sent, what not, what is missing, etc... I bet they are having a hard time now.
If you try to check the forums, it appears as under work...

Hope you can get it somehow for your wife, you can get her a Sansa Clip till it comes ^^ It is a cheapo and she'll find it cute too
biggrin.gif

Jan 15, 2009 at 8:14 PM Post #3 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bullseye /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh I am sorry for the inconvenience you have experienced, but I have read from another forums they had a server shutdown, and when that happened they lost a lot of orders (Seems yours too) EDIT: Issues with the servers, don't remember if it was exactly a shudown...

They are taking more time (I ordered from them 3/4 months ago and they sent it fast) to review what they have sent, what not, what is missing, etc... I bet they are having a hard time now.
If you try to check the forums, it appears as under work...

Hope you can get it somehow for your wife, you can get her a Sansa Clip till it comes ^^ It is a cheapo and she'll find it cute too
biggrin.gif

Yes, but their email was still working. An email telling me what was going on would have been nice. Not to mention answering my questions.

Jan 15, 2009 at 8:25 PM Post #4 of 21
It's interesting to find this out as Advancedmp3players.co.uk customer service (response to e-mails, to be precise), has been non-existant for me, over a number of issues, over the Christmas period- though their staff was off between 23/12/08 and 5/1/09, they were meant to be checking their e-mails regularly nonetheless- and then since they have been back in work and I've not had one single reply. Not one. Akin to Ihatepopupads, not even curtersy e-mails to inform me of any problems they might be having and/or the reasoning for the delay to my inquiries etc! If their e-mail is working this is simply not good enough! I've stubbornly refused to call them as each day has ticked by, but I'm gona have to tomorrow now as the length of time it's taking to get a response from them is stretching to ludicrous!

EDIT: I don't wana come across as a grumpy prick, I'm just frustrated. Anyway, I should of called them sooner and I'll make sure to do that tomoroow before the weekend hiatus.

Jan 15, 2009 at 11:02 PM Post #6 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Q-Tip-81 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I ordered an s639 on Jan. 8th....I wonder if they've even shipped it yet?

What are the chances I get the player this month?

They should send an email showing status as shipped and a royal air tracking # (which is useless ) lol,

Jan 16, 2009 at 6:30 AM Post #8 of 21
Sorry to hear that.
I ordered on the 8th and they seemed to have shipped on the 9th. Now my order SEEMS to be in the US (according to Royal Mail) but I don't know how long USPS will take to get it to me!

Jan 16, 2009 at 9:58 AM Post #11 of 21
Being in the UK i called them when i needed too (used google checkout and it sent the item to the wrong [an old] address). They were extremely helpful and even sent a new item to the correct address before they had received the old one from Royal Mail.

Maybe if they are being swamped with e-mails they are having trouble keeping up? Try calling them.

Jan 16, 2009 at 4:11 PM Post #12 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by lksey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
just curious, but did any one try emailing supervisor@advancedmp3players.co.uk when emails to the sales@advancedmp3players.co.uk failed to get any response from them?

I did and didn't get a response till I threatened to cancel my order. And my status is still "picking" and every color s639 is out of stock. Needless to say I'm getting more agro'ed by the minute. Especially when other people are getting theirs. I'm not going to spend money on an international call (plus I'm too pissed to talk to them). I'm just going to cancel my order and try to find one from another vendor. I tried live chat twice today with no response.

I think what happened is when I changed my order, they didn't really send it for picking and then ran out of stock. I think they are just trying to string me along by ignoring me till they finally ship my order. If I ran a business and upset a customer like this, I would offer free faster shipping or a price break or case or something. Like I said I still don't know if they even offer faster shipping? and I guess if the price goes down they day after you bought it, tough luck!

It also peeves me that they take your money before they ship the item, so they have had my money for ten days now and I have nothing.
angry_face.gif

Jan 16, 2009 at 6:04 PM Post #13 of 21
Well my order got UPDATED today and I'm thinking great they finally shipped me one. He said they would by the end of the week. Well here is the message I received:

Your order has been updated to the following status.

Awaiting Stock

This means that an item in your order is currently out stock. We'll keep you regularly updated via email on your item's arrival date and you will be sent another email when your item arrives back in stock. If you would like to change/cancel your order, please contact us. Please log-into your account for more information.

Please reply to this email if you have any questions.

The comments for your order are

Thank you for your order from Advanced MP3 Players. The product you have ordered is temporarily out of stock. We have contacted the supplier for a stock arrival date regarding this product and will provide you with an email update within the next 48 hours. If you wish to cancel or change your order, please reply to this email; otherwise, your order will be despatched as a priority when stock arrives. You will be kept regularly updated via email regarding the status of your order. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Just great, needless to say I will never deal with the idiots again and requested a refund stat. If anybody could point me out to a UK. shop that ships to the US (BESIDES ADVANCED, LOL) or I would make it worth some ones while if they could purchase and ship an s639 from the UK. of course now the price is higher, I paid 89 UK pounds so scratch that. No s639 for my wife.

Sony, I hate you too for only selling the 8gig model here
smily_headphones1.gif

Rufus let me know what happens with your order, but I think you might be SOL like me.

Jan 16, 2009 at 7:43 PM Post #14 of 21
I had the exact same experience than the original poster. Order was placed and paid (about a week ago), following day it said it is in picking and it was now sitting there for a week.

Today I got an email (as a response to my question about the status) - referring to some trouble with Royal Mail.

I requested cancellation of the order and a refund of my paypal payment (I am in Canada, and I can buy the 16 GB Sony here in the Sony Store for a bit more) - but I have not received a reply yet...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back